[HCCN] Stephen Hawking on the NHS

Dexter Bellows dexter at downeast.net
Wed Aug 12 10:41:02 EDT 2009

It would be nice if we all could stick to the facts.

" ....When Investor's Business Daily attempted to scare readers away
from "socialized medicine" by claiming Stephen Hawking wouldn't be
alive today if he relied on the British health care system, they
neglected a couple of things.  1) Hawking does rely on the British
National Health Service.  2)  Hawking can speak for himself. ........

    .........  "I wouldn't be here today if it were not for the NHS,"
he [Hawking] told us. "I have received a large amount of high-quality
treatment without which I would not have survived.".........."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/8/12/765522/-Stephen-Hawking:-I-wouldnt-be-here-today-if-it-were-not-for-the-NHS
.