[HCCN] Giving to Everybody Eats will make you happy!

OneWomanStudio julia at onewomanstudio.com
Sun Dec 20 19:13:34 EST 2009

Dear Friends and Volunteers,

Great news! It is now a proven fact that giving gifts to others and making donations to non-profits - such as Everybody Eats - will make you happy!

In an excerpt from Happiness: A Buyers Guide, psychologists Elizabeth Dunn of the University of British Columbia and Michael Norton of the Harvard Business School stated that "When we teamed up to survey 622 Americans on their general happiness, along with what they spent their money on, we found that higher 'pro-social spending' - gifts for others and donations made to charity - was correlated with higher self-reported happiness. In other words, the more money people spent on charity and gifts for others, the happier they were."
from the Boston Globe, Sunday, August 23, 2009, Ideas Section

So please, send in your tax deductible donation to Everybody Eats and get happy!

We are also asking that you spread the joy even further by asking one (just one!) other friend, colleague, or business owner to please make a donation to Everybody Eats during this season of giving.

I have attached our December 2009 Appeal letter and information packed brochure for you to print out and present to any and all potential donors.

Thank you for your continued support!

Be happy,

Julia Ventresco
President, Board of Directors