[HCCN] Tarring and Feathering Grover Norquist on Thursday?

Dick Atlee atlee at umd.edu
Tue Oct 6 20:50:47 EDT 2009

 From the Maine Dems:

As we work to defeat TABOR II this November, our biggest challenge is
the ideology that TABOR represents: the idea that in order to save
taxpayers money, we need to hack away at public spending to the point
where we can no longer invest in our children, seniors, or infrastructure.

The man who epitomizes that ideology the most, Grover Norquist,
president of American's for Tax Reform, is coming to Maine this
Thursday, Oct. 8th, to speak at the ME Heritage Policy Center's "Freedom
and Opportunity Luncheon."

We're gathering as many people as we can to protest Norquist's flawed
ideology, and say loud and clear that we want to invest in our
communities not drain them with bad policies.

We need to tell Grover to GO HOME and we WANT you to be there!

WHAT: Go Home Grover Rally
WHEN: This Thursday, Oct. 8th, 2009, 10:45 to 12:30
WHERE: Sable Oaks Drive, in front of the Marriott Hotel at Sable Oaks,
South Portland
RSVP: Emma Halas-O'Connor, Citizens Unified for Maine's Future,
ehalasoc at gmail.com, 207-553-0629

Don't let this be a Maine message:

"My goal is to cut government in half in twenty-five years, to get it
down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub." - Grover Norquist

"Every time you cut programs, you take away a person who has a vested
interest in high taxes and you put him on the tax rolls and make him a
taxpayer. A farmer on subsidies is part welfare bum, whereas a
free-market farmer is a small businessman with a gun." - Grover Norquist

Please join us on Thursday in telling Grover to go home!

Sincerely,

Arden Manning, Executive Director
Maine Democratic Party