[HCCN] Fwd: NM bonding for govt. Energy Efficiency

Dexter Bellows drbellows at myfairpoint.net
Fri Apr 9 15:03:28 EDT 2010

Below is a link to an article about a bond program for Energy
Efficiency in schools and other government buildings in New Mexico. I
forwarded this some of our local Maine legislators and got the
following response from House Speaker Hannah Pingree.  Another reason
(in addition to the income tax cut repeal referendum)  to work for a
strong progressive turnout in the June elections.  I have appended a
bit from the two sites Hannah has listed in her note.

Dexter

Triennial Plan Goals:
Weatherize 100% of Maine residences and 50% of Maine businesses by 2030.
Achieve 30% electric energy savings, 30% natural gas savings and 20%
heating fuels savings by 2020.
Capture all cost-effective energy efficiency resources available for
electric and natural gas ratepayers.
Reduce greenhouse gas emissions from heating and cooling loads in
Maine to at least 10% below 1990 levels by 2020, and ultimately 75 to
85% below 2003 levels

Efficiency Maine Home Energy Savings Program

The Efficiency Maine Home Energy Savings Program, formerly the Maine
Home Performance Program, offers incentives up to $3,000 to homeowners
at all income levels for pre-approved energy-efficiency upgrades done
by Participating Contractors. The program is funded by a grant from
the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (“Stimulus” dollars).