[HCCN] Reminder about Sunday's climate event in Ellsworth-- send to your email lists

Phppwp at aol.com Phppwp at aol.com
Mon Oct 4 13:15:08 EDT 2010

REQUEST FOR PEOPLE TO JOIN US ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 10 IN  ELLSWORTH TO STAND
FOR ACTION ON CLIMATE CHANGE
Many  different organizations are joining together on Sunday for a global
day to bring  awareness about climate change – first from,11:45 AM  to 12:45
PM, to see two short videos to  be shown at the UU Church in Ellsworth (121
Bucksport Road) and a short talk  from a young man from Bangladesh to speak
of his personal knowledge of the  effects of climate change on his country.
Then, we go to the bridge in downtown Ellsworth from1:00PM to l:30 PM to
stand with our organizations’ signs and a simple message to those driving
past  to “Smile, Reduce, Reuse, Saves our Planet” and “We Care”
Hancock  County Transition Towns, Alliance for Democracy, League of Women
Voters  Downeast, Peninsula Peace and Justice, Unitarian Universalist Church
of  Ellsworth Adult Religious Education and Peace and Social Action
Committees and  Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Castine are co-sponsoring
this event.
We need  people to see the videos, hold the signs and stand as witness.
Please let Brenda Cartwright  (_btc100 at gmail.com_ (mailto:btc100 at gmail.com) )
or Pam  Person (phppwp at aol.com) know if you can be there.
Thanks