[HCCN] volunteers needed for signature gathering for marriage equality referendum

Peter Rees rees909 at roadrunner.com
Fri Aug 5 12:01:05 EDT 2011

This time we can do it - establish marriage equality for all Mainers, using a proactive referendum process. I think that Beth Allen will post updates to this list from time to time.

Peter Rees

The Hancock County EqualityMaine Team is excited about the upcoming launch of the signature gathering on  The Statewide goal is to collect the 80,000 signatures we need between August 14 and Election Day, November 8.  Within that time period, there will be internal deadlines for getting signatures to town clerks for validation.

Before we can start collecting signatures, we will need to hold a training and planning meeting in our county.  In this meeting, our goal is  to train everyone on the ins and outs of signature gathering, set goals for your area, and establish team roles-basically put everything in place you will need to be successful. We will review all the roles including drivers, and people willing to keep petitions in their homes for volunteers to pick them up, data entry people, sorters, and petition gatherers.

What: Hancock County for Marriage Equality Kick Off
When: Tuesday Aug.9th from 6-8
Where:The Maine Grind  (second floor)
We really need to beef up our team as the petition process is volunteer intensive.  There are lots of roles for people to play.

for more info contact Beth Allen, EQME Field Organizer
207-812-8654, ballen at equalitymaine.org