[HCCN] FW: Bring Our War $$ Home Care-a-Van Schedule

Judith Robbins jprobbins at myfairpoint.net
Fri Aug 19 19:29:49 EDT 2011

------ Forwarded Message
From: Global Network <globalnet at mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:26:14 -0400
To: Peaceworks <peaceworks at lists.riseup.net>
Subject: Updated: Bring Our War $$ Home Care-a-Van Schedule

 Bring Our War $$ Home (and put 'em to work) Care-a-Van

September 10 - October 10 Statewide Schedule

July 16 Hallowell parade

Help us focus public consciousness in Maine around endless war spending by
holding some kind of an event in your community during the Care-a-Van.  The
more details you can provide the better.

We also urge all local activists in Maine to plan on writing a Letter to the
Editor to your local newspaper during this month of activity.  We have now
raised $1,250 to purchase radio ads during the Care-a-Van.

* Sept 10 WERU Maine Grassroots Media  Conference at the Unity College
Centre for the Performing  Arts.  Conference participants will make Bring
Our War $$ Home  T-shirts.  Among the several panel discussions will be:
³Political  Art Activism² featuring Rob Shetterly (Americans Who Tell the
Truth) and Lisa  Savage (Bring Our War $$ Home)
http://weru.org/news/maine-grassroots-media-conference
<http://weru.org/news/maine-grassroots-media-conference>

* Sept 11 Portland  Linking hands around Back Cove to end war  6:00-8:00 pm
gracebraley at yahoo.com <mailto:gracebraley at yahoo.com>

* Sept 17 Bangor  Teach-In    info at peacectr.org <mailto:info at peacectr.org>

* Sept 20 UMFarmington  event featuring singer/songwriter David Rovics;
possible Teach-In, leafleting  of students about tuition hikes and student
debt   rawlings at maine.edu <mailto:rawlings at maine.edu>

* Sept 21 Belfast film  showing of documentary Kill/Capture (the US militray
campaign in  Afghanistan and targeted raids using classified intelligence,
drones, and  Special Operations Forces as a tactic - It interviews Afghan
and Taliban  leaders and their responses to the campaign - it's impact on
them  and the consequences of the whole operation), Belfast Library, 6:30 pm
liscoe at roadrunner.com <mailto:liscoe at roadrunner.com>

* Sept 23-25  Bring Our War $$ Home  tabling (with Veterans for Peace) at
Common Ground Fair,  Program in speakers tent    lsavage3 at gmail.com
<mailto:lsavage3 at gmail.com>

* Sept 25  Belfast Rally to Restore  Democracy 4:00 - 6:00 pm
herboldcharlotte at gmail.com <mailto:herboldcharlotte at gmail.com>

* Sept 27 Blue Hill  Program featuring Voices for Peace choir & Robert
Shetterly at Bay  School's Emlen Auditorium in Blue Hill, 7:00 pm
dudhe at myfairpoint.net <mailto:dudhe at myfairpoint.net>

* Sept 30 Afghanistan war Teach-In at  Bowdoin College in Brunswick entitled
10 Years of war in  Afghanistan: What have we learned, what can we do?
Smith  Auditorium, 3-5 pm  Speakers Include:  Paul Fitzgerald, Elizabeth
Gould, Allen Wells, Nat Wheelwright, Lisa Savage, Dud Hendrick
ssternli at gwi.net <mailto:ssternli at gwi.net>

* Sept 30  Interview of Paul  Fitzgerald & Elizabeth Gould on public access
TV program This  Issue in Harpswell

* Oct 1  BIW vigil in  Bath emphasizing drone warfare during Keep Space for
Peace Week   globalnet at mindspring.com <mailto:globalnet at mindspring.com>

* Sept 27 or Oct 9 (Tentative)   Community Day of Atonement in Bath

* Oct 10 (Tentative) Closing event on  Indigenous People's Day

Bruce K. Gagnon
Coordinator
Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space
PO Box 652
Brunswick, ME 04011
(207) 443-9502
globalnet at mindspring.com
www.space4peace.org <http://www.space4peace.org>
http://space4peace.blogspot.com/  (blog)

Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth.
~Henry David Thoreau

------ End of Forwarded Message