[HCCN] Fw: Bus to NYC - April 9 - Latest info

Starr Gilmartin starrgilmartin at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 19:44:20 EDT 2011

From: starr gilmartin <starrgilmartin at roadrunner.com>
Subject: Fw: Bus to NYC - April 9 - Latest info
To: "Starr Gilmartin" <starrgilmartin at yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 11:23 PM

PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;}

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Burke
To: Steve Burke
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2011 12:53 PM
Subject: Bus to NYC - April 9 - Latest info

To: Midcoast P&J Statewide list
--  http://midcoastpeaceandjustice.org

Here's the latest information on the RALLY AGAINST THE WARS AT HOME AND
ABROAD on April 9 in NYC. If you haven't reserved a seat on the bus yet,
now's the time!...just respond to this email.

There is a permit for the march and rally.

There will be a rally at Union sq (14th and Broadway in Manhattan) at noon
followed by a march down Broadway to Foley Sq.for a closing rally.

Buses will drop people off at Union Sq. at 15th st. and Broadway then go to
the pickup point which is at Foley Sq along Church st.

The speakers list is still in formation. So far we have George Gresham, the
pres. for 1199 the health care workers union and other union leaders who will
make a connection between the war budget and attacks on workers like in
Wisconsin, plus Cindy Sheehan, Ann Wright and a number of others.

Back to the
Streets!
Rally Against
the Wars at Home and Abroad on April 9th (New York City)

RIDE THE BUS! ...and help us
take the "Bring Our War $$ Home" message to NYC!

We've rented one bus and still
have time to rent another.  Please let us hear from you asap if you intend
to join us.

The bus will leave Bangor around
1:00 AM on the 9th.  Exact departure times and boarding locations are still
tentative. There will be boarding locations in Rockland, Bath and Portland.
We'll be in NYC all day Saturday and leave around 4PM and be back at Maine
locations between 10:00 PM and midnight.

The cost is 70$ per seat. There
will be full scholarship seats available  for those who can't afford to pay
the fare and partial scholarship seats for those who are able to pay part of the
fare.  Scholarship seats depend on the generosity of our supporters and the
success of our fundraising effort. These seats are awarded in the order they
were applied for.

It's a HUGE help if people can
make their reservations early and send their checks right out. You can reserve
by responding to this email or calling 691-0322. As soon as we receive your
check, or approve your scholarship we'll add your name to the passenger
list.

If you're talking to friends who
would like to go but can't, and would like to support the action,  suggest
that they send some $$$ to help pay for scholarship seats and additional buses.
In this economy your contributions are more important and more appreciated than
ever.

Checks can be made out to
The Midcoast Peace and Justice Group and sent to  Nancy Button, 1478 Camden
Rd, Warren, Maine 04864.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER,
EMAIL ADDRESS AND PREFERED BOARDING LOCATION IN YOUR REPLY TO THIS
EMAIL.

More information
later.......Please forward widely.

On to NYC! .....Steve Burke -
Midcoast Peace and Justice Group

April 9th: End the
Wars at Home and Abroad

United National
Antiwar
Committee
UNACpeace at gmail.com or UNAC at P.O. Box 123, Delmar, NY
12054
518-227-6947   www.UNACpeace.org
Back to the
Streets!

April 9, 2011
New York
& San Francisco
from the
United National Antiwar
Committee
Endorse the call:
http://nationalpeaceconference.org/Page_2.html

WHO ARE THE
WARMAKERS?

THEY are the government, corporate, and
financial powers that wage war, ravage the environment and the economy and
trample on our democratic rights and liberties.
WHO ARE THE
PEACEMAKERS?

WE are the vast majority of humanity who want
peace, a healthy planet and a society that prioritizes human needs, democracy
and civil liberties for all.

The Warmakers spend trillions
of dollars yearly on endless wars in pursuit of global domination and profit
while murdering millions of innocent people, installing corrupt and hated
governments and funding occupations that displace millions from their homelands
- trampling on the right of oppressed people to
self-determination.

THEY send our youth - victims of the economic
draft - to fight over the very fossil fuels whose unrestrained use threatens the
future of the planet while corrupt and virtually unregulated oil giants dump
billions of gallons of death into our rivers and oceans.

THEY wage a fake "war on
terrorism" at home - the new McCarthyism - that promotes racism and Islamophobia
aimed at destroying civil liberties and democratic rights.

THEY
grant repeated and untold trillions in bailouts to banks, corporations and
financial institutions while breaking unions, robbing pensions, destroying jobs,
foreclosing homes, de-funding education and vital social services and are once
again threatening Social Security and Medicare.

THEY offer no
solutions to the current crises other than more of the same.

THE
PEACEMAKERS DEMAND a better world. Only a massive, united, inclusive and
independent movement has the power to bring it into being.

WE
DEMAND Bring U.S. Troops, Mercenaries and War Contractors Home Now: Iraq,
Afghanistan and Pakistan! End the sanctions and stop the threats of war against
the people of Iran, North Korea and Yemen. No to war and plunder of the people
of Latin America and Africa! End U.S. Aid to Israel! End U.S. Support to the
Israeli Occupation of Palestine and the Siege of Gaza!

WE DEMAND trillions for jobs, education, social
services, an end to all foreclosures, quality single-payer healthcare for all, a
massive conversion to sustainable and planet-saving energy systems and public
transportation and reparations to the victims of U.S. terror at home and
abroad.

WE DEMAND an end to FBI raids on antiwar, social justice, and
international solidarity activists, an end to the racist persecution and
prosecutions that ravage Muslim communities, an end to police terror in Black
and Latino communities, full rights and legality for immigrants and an end to
all efforts to repress and punish Wikileaks and its contributors and
founders.

WE DEMAND the immediate end to torture, rendition,
secret trials, drone bombings and death squads.
WE ARE DEDICATED  TO
A WORLD OF PEACE AND JUSTICE.
All Out April 9, 2011
Add your group's name to the
endorser list, local, state or national:
http://nationalpeaceconference.org/Page_2.html