[HCCN] Urgent Update: Senate votes TODAY funding WERU/MPBN

Dick Atlee atlee at umd.edu
Tue Mar 15 09:59:19 EDT 2011

The HJ Res 48 Matt mentions as being vital to WERU (and public
broadcasting in general) has a section 248 which reads

'Sec. 248. Notwithstanding section 101, amounts are provided for
'Department of Commerce--National Telecommunications and Information
Administration--Public Telecommunications Facilities, Planning and
Construction' at a rate for operations of ****** $0. ********
(emphasis added)

I called Snowe's office (202-224-5344) and asked about her support for
public broadcasting and was told (after a check) that she DOES support
it, so I pointed out the connection between that and this.

Collins' office (202-224-2523) said she had not made a statement on her
feelings about public broadcasting, so I made sure they knew that Snowe
had, and made sure the answerer got the details of HFRes48:248.

Call 'em TODAY. Great way to start the day!