[HCCN] Fw: Latest info - Bus to NYC - April 9

Starr Gilmartin starrgilmartin at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 20:27:45 EDT 2011

Latest info - Bus to NYC - April 9

#yiv1081292977 BLOCKQUOTE {
PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;}
#yiv1081292977 DL {
PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;}
#yiv1081292977 UL {
PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;}
#yiv1081292977 OL {
PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;}
#yiv1081292977 LI {
PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;PADDING-TOP:0px;}

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Burke
To: Steve Burke
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2011 10:31 PM
Subject: Latest info - Bus to NYC - April 9

To: Midcoast P&J Statewide list
--  http://midcoastpeaceandjustice.org

To: Midcoast P&J
Statewide list --  http://midcoastpeaceandjustice.org

There are still seats available on the bus. There's bound to be a last
minute rush so reserve now, by replying to this email.
Here's the latest
information on the RALLY AGAINST THE WARS AT HOME AND ABROAD on April 9
in NYC.

Back to
the Streets!
Rally Against the Wars at Home and Abroad
on April 9th (New York City)

RIDE THE
BUS! ...and help us take the "Bring Our War $$ Home" message to
NYC!

 BOARDING LOCATIONS  -  DEPARTURE TIMES FOR THE
MAINE BUS ON APRIL 9TH

Bangor
-  1:00 AM -  Peace
& Justice Center of Eastern Maine - 96 Harlow St, across from city hall and
across from Franklin Park, which is next to the Bangor Public
Library.

Rockland - 3:00 AM. The Rockland Middle School
parking lot (behind the school)

From the North - you will
drive all the way through Rockland on Union St, (which is a one way street for
southbound through traffic) to the stop light where Union reintersects with Rt
1. Take a right and go to the next set of lights, this is Broadway. The Rockland
Fire Dept is on the left. Take a left on Broadway. Go for 4/10 of a mile to the
school which will be on your right.
From the South - Continue
on Rt 1. You won't go into downtown Rockland. Take a right at the lights at the
intersection of Rt 1 and Broadway. You'll see the First National Bank of
Damariscotta on your right. The Rockland Fire Dept. will be just across the
intersection on your right. Go for 4/10 of a mile to the school which will be on
your right.

Bath - 4:00 AM - The Park & Ride on State
Street, just South of the Holiday Inn at the intersection of State and
Richardson. Right next to VIP Auto Parts.

Portland - 4:45 AM -
The Marginal Way Park and Ride.
>From 295 take exit 7 (Franklin St.) to
Marginal Way. Come off the exit and go left at the light onto Marginal
Way and go about 1 block to the parking lot on the left.

NYC -
Arrive at 11:00 AM - Union Sq. at 15th st. and Broadway . - Leave NYC at 4:00 PM
from Church St. at Foley Sq.

The cost is 70$ per seat. There will be full scholarship
seats available  for those who can't afford to pay the fare and partial
scholarship seats for those who are able to pay part of the fare.
Scholarship seats depend on the generosity of our supporters and the success of
our fundraising effort. These seats are awarded in the order they're applied
for.

You
can reserve by responding to this email or calling 691-0322. As soon as we
receive your check, or approve your scholarship we'll add your name to the
passenger list.

If you're talking to friends who would like to go but can't, and
would like to support the action,  suggest that they send some $$$ to help
pay for scholarship seats and additional buses. In this economy your
contributions are more important and more appreciated than
ever.

Checks can be made out to The Midcoast Peace and Justice Group and
sent to  Nancy Button, 1478 Camden Rd, Warren, Maine 04864.

PLEASE
INCLUDE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS AND PREFERED BOARDING
LOCATION IN YOUR REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.

More information later.......Please forward
widely.

On
to NYC! .....Steve Burke - Midcoast Peace and Justice
Group