[HCCN] Different view of the Osama Bin Laden killing (assassination)

Dick Atlee atlee at umd.edu
Mon May 2 13:31:54 EDT 2011

I am having a very "Alice in Wonderland" sense about all this. ALL of
the discussion I've heard about this so far has ASSUMED that in fact it
was bin Laden who was killed in Pakistan. I sent the following to the
the BBC's WorldHaveYourSay service:

"Given the amount of evidence that OBL died in December, 2001 -- end
stage renal disease, necessity of frequent dialysis, increasing
haggardness in videos (except for the famous November 2001 version that
obviously wasn't OBL), statements by the foremost OBL experts that the
later vidos (and audios) were faked, and by  CIA staff working on the
OBL case at that time that "everyone knew he was dead," a funeral
announcement and obituary -- this all takes on a truly surreal tone,
which isn't helped by the unnecessary "burial at sea," which, like the
removal of the steel from Ground Zero, constitutes destruction of evidence."

A couple of years ago, David Ray Griffin put together a fascinating
book, "Osama bin Laden: Dead or Alive," which covered all that evidence
and more. To me, the question is, why is this happening now?  Other than
hearing about the government warning us that retaliation may be
imminent, I can't see a purpose. And given what I believe is a false
assumption at the very root of all that is happening now, I don't think
we're going to find out.

Dick

PS: I'm not sure how many people are aware of the fact that (a) bin
Laden denied any involvement in 9/11 and consistently condemned it, and
(b) the FBI does not list him as wanted for those "attacks" because,
they have said clearly, they have no hard evidence to support a connection.