[HCCN] GROW (GrassRoots Organizing Workshops), Sept. 27-29 in Bryant Pond--details and registration info

Larry Dansinger rosc at psouth.net
Thu Jul 25 09:57:42 EDT 2013

Apologies if you get this more than once; please pass along to others
in your group or area.
Registration information and who to contact if you have questions is
at the end. This should be a great weekend, so register soon! A PDF of
the GROW brochure may also be attached, so you can print that out and
use it.

GROW New England's

GRASSROOTS

ORGANIZING

WORKSHOPS

Sept. 27-29, 2013

Bryant Pond 4-H Camp

Bryant Pond, ME

(near Bethel and Paris/Norway)

For New and Experienced Grassroots Organizers in Maine, NH, and
Vermont to Learn More about Creating Grassroots Social Change

Why GROW New England?

(GrassRoots Organizing Workshops)

We believe in a better world where there is:

●Respect for civil liberties;

●Commitment to nonviolent conflict resolution;

●Economic justice and rights for all;

●Affordable health care, housing and education;

●A healthy environment & sustainable lifestyles;

●Celebration of diversity in age, race, gender, etc.

In order to create a world that provides for the well-being of
everyone, we have to ORGANIZE!

In order to take back our power we have to ORGANIZE!

In order to ORGANIZE we need to gather, learn, share and plan with
each other!

Join new and experienced activists from northern New England as we:

● Learn and teach about the “big picture” of social change.

● Gain new organizational skills/strategies.

● Learn about successful models throughout the region.

● Celebrate successes.

GROW Weekend Schedule

Introductory Friday Workshop

Friday, September 27th, 1:00-4:30 PM

Making a Difference: Skills for the Effective Organizer

This workshop provides basic skills and background for anyone who is
new or relatively new to organizing. Good reminder and refresher for
more experienced organizers as well.

Weekend Schedule

5:00 PM Friday, September 27th to 2:30 PM Sunday, September 29th

Cost $10-$80 (actual cost is about $70-80/person, but pay what you can/
all welcome, whatever amount you can pay) includes lodging (bring
bedding), meals, all workshops, and use of outdoor facilities. In
addition to workshops (see list), GROW will use interactive methods to
help attendees develop skills in planning actions/events, creating
groups, and becoming better organizers. For a complete schedule and
updated workshop offerings, please contact those below. Information
will be added when confirmed, especially in September:

Nate “Iggy” Brimmer (207) 415-4458

iggy19 at riseup.net

Larry Dansinger (207) 525-7776

rosc at psouth.net

Jacqui Deveneau (207) 284-3358

jacquio50 at yahoo.com

Website:

http://resourcesforsocialchange.org

This year's GROW Theme is: “Organizing Strategies”

Workshop Topics

Tentatively Include:

●Strategy Development

●Power Analysis

●Skills Share

●Overcoming oppression and celebrating inclusiveness

●Listening and storytelling to identify the issues

●Influencing Public Policy

Accessibility: Facilities are totally wheelchair accessible.

Child Care: Childcare will be available at no cost, during workshop
times only. Those requesting childcare must register by September 20th.

Food: Meals will emphasize local foods and will offer meat, vegetarian
and vegan options. We can make individual adjustments as needed. Meals
(and housing) are included in registration costs. Attendees will be
asked to help with meal preparation or cleanup.

Travel arrangements: Call/email a contact person for ride sharing
options.

Registration: We encourage people to register by September 25th to
help with meal and travel planning, though last minute registrations
will be accepted. Registration details and directions will be e/mailed
after you register.

REGISTRATION FORM
(You can register simply by typing in the information requested and
replying to rosc at psouth.net, or go to http://resourcesforsocialchange.org/projects)

Name: _________________________

Address: _______________________

Town/City: _____________________

State & Zip: ____________________

Phone #: _(_____)________________

E-Mail: ________________________

Please Complete All That Apply:

___Number of people registering for the Sept. 27-29 Weekend

Enclosed is $___________________

Partial Payment is OK; remainder due on arrival. Checks payable to:
ROSC: Address is below. Paying the entire amount when you arrive is
also an option, but paying some before the weekend is helpful.

Childcare register by Sept. 20th

___I need childcare: Please list ages of children. _____________________

Ride Share:

___I need a ride from _____________

___I can offer a ride from__________

Please note special accommodations required (diet, health, sleeping,

Return form by September 25th, if possible, to: GROW, 161 Stovepipe
Alley, Monroe, ME 04951 or E-mail it to rosc at psouth.net.

For questions & more info:

Iggy: 207-415-4458, iggy19 at riseup.net

Larry, 207-525-7776, rosc at psouth.net