[HCCN] Rally for Unity, State Capitol Hall of Flags, Thursday, January 8th, 10 AM-noon

Larry Dansinger rosc at psouth.net
Mon Dec 29 12:49:04 EST 2014

***Please forward widely***

3RD Annual RALLY FOR UNITY*

Thursday, January 8, 2015
10:00 AM–12:00 PM
Hall of Flags, State House, Augusta

...For people and our environment on the first day of the 128th
Legislature

The RALLY OF UNITY is organized by the Alliance for the Common Good,
an ad-hoc coalition assembling as a unified front to give voice to all
Maine people and to push back against corporate dominance in
government. An overarching theme for this year's rally will be the
critical need for protecting our Waters.

JOIN US—The bigger the movement, the stronger the impact!

No particular group will be featured. We do not all agree or endorse
each other on every issue, but we can rally behind the need for:

·         Respect for community sovereignty
·         Reserving Maine money for Maine people
·         An economy that protects our environment.
·         Keeping money out of politics.

Please feel free to represent yourselves or your group visually and be
creative to highlight issues you're most concerned about.  Tabling
available starting at 10:00 AM through 3:00 PM.

Reminder: You need to go thru security to get into the State Capitol
building where the rally is being held. So, come earlier (9:30 is
recommended) if possible and bring a sign if you like. No sticks (such
as those attached to a sign), no knives or other weapons, and no drugs
will be allowed, so leave them elsewhere.

Following the event, all participants are invited to join us for a
meeting where we hope to expand on our ability to support one another
and strengthen our alliances. The meeting will begin at 1pm with the
location TBA at the rally.

If you are not able to make the Rally please consider signing the
petition below or submitting a donation. There is an online petition
circulating that describes a current critical issue between the
Penobscot Nation and the State of Maine government.  The petition
challenges the states claim related to the river. This will be a topic
at this year's rally. The petition may be read, signed and commented
on, at:
http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/atty-general-mills-stop?source=s.fwd&r_by=8040790

Donations towards legal fees associated with the case can be sent to:
Penobscot Nation River Defense Fund, c/o Dan Nelson Director of Finance
12 Wabanaki Way, Indian Island, ME 04468

For more information contact: Jim Freeman, packrats at mainisms.com or
570-4145.

*An 8 1/2 x 11 flyer of the rally to post and distribute is available
from rosc at psouth.net.