[HCCN] Help organize and/or plan a day-long gathering on "Local Organizing against Industrial/Corporate Projects."

Larry Dansinger rosc at psouth.net
Tue Nov 18 18:56:19 EST 2014

Please pass on to others in your group or area. Thanks.

Help organize/plan a day-long gathering in a  central location in
Maine on the topic of "Local Organizing against Industrial/Corporate
Projects."

Every year, ROSC (Resources for Organizing and Social Change) plans a
gathering called "Changing Maine." It usually takes place in the
winter (January-March). We try to bring together people from many
groups, viewpoints, and parts of the state around a theme that affects
us all in this state.

This year our tentative theme is  "Local Organizing against Industrial/
Corporate Projects." This can include responding to utility projects
(East-West Corridor), takeovers of mills by yet another out-of-state
corporation, buying up Maine's water (Nestle) or other natural
resources, oil pipelines, over-development, Big Box stores, military
contractors that influence local politics, YOU NAME IT. Sometimes,
projects with public opposition have been defeated. We can win these
struggles!!

These are issues that we are all facing more and more--how can people
with less power and money prevent big corporations with deep pockets
from dominating our economy, our public policies, and our communities?

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP PLAN THIS GATHERING, PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP.
We hope to have an initial planning meeting (in person or by phone) in
early to mid-December to at least get things started.

We'd love to have your help in making this gathering a success. You
can do as much or as little as you can; all help will be welcomed.
Contact me for more details.

Larry Dansinger
(207) 525-7776 or rosc at psouth.net