[HCCN] Peninsula Peace & Justice NOTES

Judy_Robbins Judy at RobbinsAndRobbins.com
Wed Sep 2 20:18:59 EDT 2015

PENINSULA PEACE AND JUSTICE

Organizational Meeting Minutes for 09 03 2015 6:30 pm

The Howard Room of the Blue Hill Public Library

Judy, Peter, Bonnie, Steve

Announcements and reminders:

 End Violence Together <http://www.peacectr.org/>: a Bangor march and rally coming up on September 19th.

Bruce Gagnon’s email indicates he’s back from a month-long trip to Asia/Pacific and is organizing a protest <http://space4peace.blogspot.com/> at the time of the Navy Blue Angels demonstration this Saturday 10am-1pm in Brunswick.

Vigil on 09 10 2015 in front of Senator Collins’ Federal Bldg office in Bangor 12- 1230 pm urging her support for diplomacy in the Iran Deal vote in September.  Senator Collins is as yet undecided on her vote.

Planning and follow-up:

As the last year of our installation of a Memorial Field of Flags in the field just uphill from the Blue Hill Library comes to a close, we hope to generate plans at our October 7 meeting for a significant way of saying goodbye to this project later in October (tentatively Saturday morning  October 24).

We were glad the large group coming for last Friday’s film, What Happened, Miss Simone? showed excitement and gratitude despite difficulties organizing around technical problems that surprised us that night.

We plan to show Laura Poitras’ Oscar-winning documentary on Edward Snowden’s release of NSA documents, Citizenfour, on September 25 at 7pm in the Howard Room. Judy will buy the film for the screening, to donate later to the Library. Steve will write a press release and Peter will make a poster.

Peter presented a document received by PPJ from World Beyond War <http://www.worldbeyondwar.org/> entitled “A Global Security System: An Alternative to War”. We will review this and hope to provide feedback to the authors.

Notes by Steve Benson

Peninsula Peace & Justice
P.O. Box 1515
Blue Hill ME 04614