[HCCN] Mainers protest christening of Zumwalt Destroyer at BIW

Judy_Robbins Judy at RobbinsAndRobbins.com
Mon Jun 20 08:19:02 EDT 2016

On June 18, people from around the state joined in a rally at Bath Iron Works to speak out for conversion from a war economy to a sustainable peace economy. Inside the plant, hundreds more attended the christening of the new Zumwalt, and passed by the rally as they entered. Maureen Osterson of Smiling Trees Disarmament Farm handed out 100 flyers, and the attendees also witnessed 12 people being arrested for blocking the street and entrance to BIW.

 The rally continued for several hours after the arrests, with speakers and singing. Link to photos of the rally (by Peter Robbins):
 https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2n4d7JDTxJXSFI0RWNuWVExUlk&usp=sharing_eid&ts=57673d80 <https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2n4d7JDTxJXSFI0RWNuWVExUlk&usp=sharing_eid&ts=57673d80>

An account by Lisa Savage, one of the organizers, with links to media coverage:
http://went2thebridge.blogspot.com <http://went2thebridge.blogspot.com/>

Bruce Gagnon blogspot, article and photos: http://space4peace.blogspot.com <http://space4peace.blogspot.com/>

And:
12 arrested in Bath, Maine today at Bath Iron Works protest during 'christening' of Zumwalt 'stealth' destroyer costing more than $4 billion...... we shut down the street in front of the shipyard just as the Navy crew was entering the event

From: Regis Tremblay (via Google Drive) <mailto:tremregi at gmail.com>
Subject: JPGS for Bruce - Invitation to collaborate

Regis Tremblay <mailto:tremregi at gmail.com> has invited you to contribute to the following shared folder:

JPGS for Bruce <https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bxg0t0Vo-HbTZEhtTTFSczN5c2M&usp=sharing_eid&ts=57656b56>
	Photos from today....let me know you got them.

Nice job and very well done this morning.
Open <https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bxg0t0Vo-HbTZEhtTTFSczN5c2M&usp=sharing_eid&ts=57656b56>
Google Drive: Have all your files within reach from any device.	 <https://drive.google.com/>

Peninsula Peace & Justice
P.O. Box 1515