[HCCN] Americans Who Tell The Truth portrait unveiling: Rob McCall, Blue Hill

Judy_Robbins Judy at RobbinsAndRobbins.com
Wed Apr 25 12:09:12 EDT 2018

Press Release for Immediate Release
April 18, 2018
Contact: Robert Shetterly, 207-326-8459 / robert at americanswhotellthetruth.org

Unveiling of Rob McCall’s “Americans Who Tell the Truth” Portrait

Americans Who Tell the Truth (AWTT) is excited to announce a public event to honor Rob McCall with an unveiling of Robert Shetterly’s new portrait of him. The event will be held at the Blue Hill Public Library on May 12th from 5:30 pm  to 7 pm.

Rob McCall is greatly admired  in this area and beyond as the pastor (retired in 2014) of the First Congregational Church in Blue Hill and as the writer and voice of the popular Awanadjo Almanack, a bi-weekly commentary of insight into nature, political opinion through nature’s lens, and musings into all things spiritual and poetical. McCall says, “The Almanack is devoted to feeling at home in nature and breaking down the wall of hostility between us and the rest of creation.”

The Americans Who Tell the Truth portraits -- now numbering over 235 --  travel to schools, colleges, museums, churches and libraries all over the United States to promote engaged and courageous citizenship.  “Rob McCall’s portrait will be a great addition to this project,”  Shetterly says. “And I know of no greater contemporary nature writer and no greater source of wisdom for how we must think of ourselves in relation to nature if we want to survive on this planet.”

At the unveiling Rob McCall will speak and then he and his wife Becky will play fiddle and guitar to get everyone singing.

The Blue Hill Heritage Trust (BHHT) is co-sponsoring this event. All people are invited to attend. People will be encouraged to donate at whatever level they can. Donations will be divided equally between AWTT and BHHT.