[HCCN] Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor's serious fire risk

Dick Atlee atlee at dickatlee.com
Fri Jun 12 14:04:18 EDT 2020

Former sheriff and current member of the Fire Protection Service
Commission, State Rep. Scott Cyrway, has an excellent letter in the BDN:

CMP corridor project will create new wildfire dangers in remote Maine
Scott Cyrway
Bangor Daily News
June 11, 2020
https://bangordailynews.com/2020/06/11/opinion/contributors/cmp-corridor-project-will-create-new-wildfire-dangers-in-remote-maine/
 OR
https://www.nocmpcorridor.com/sen_scott_cyrway_cmp_corridor_project_will_create_new_wildfire

It looks to me like wildfire danger is the most powerful immediate reason
for not building CMP's Northeast "Clean Energy" Corridor. The letter from
the Mine State Federation of Firefighters that is referenced in the letter
below

   http://msfff.org/images/PDF/2019_NECEC_MSFFF_Map.pdf

is truly sobering. I gave a copy to our local fire chief, and I think it
would be useful for others to do the same.