From: Noam Chomsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>Date: July 5, 2012 11:05:14 PM EDTSubject: Join me in supporting NACLA today!
Click here to view this email in your web browser
As you may know, I was recently honored at NACLA’s 45th Anniversary Benefit Gala with the 2012 Latin America Peace and Justice Award. It was a wonderful and moving occasion, where we were joined by nearly 200 supporters from different movements and multiple generations to celebrate NACLA’s long commitment to fighting for justice in the Americas. Now I’m writing to ask you to join me in supporting that commitment by donating to NACLA today.
At the event, Democracy Now! host Amy Goodman asked me in an interview to reflect on what gives me hope. I explained that although consistently ignored by mainstream U.S. media, Latin America has ushered a wave of changes over the last decade that cannot help but inspire.
And keeping in mind how NACLA continues to bring us hope from across Latin America through its valuable reports about progressive social and political movements, as well as in-depth analysis about U.S. policy in the region, immigration, and other issues, I want to invite you to join me in supporting NACLA’s ongoing mission to inform and educate journalists, activists, teachers, and students throughout the hemisphere.
NACLA needs your support – they’re trying to raise $100,000 by the end of the year. The benefit event in New York raised more than $36,000 toward that goal. But they need your help to reach it! So please, join me, and give generously today, so that NACLA can continue this important work to empower generations of readers for another 45 years. Visit https://nacla.org/nacla/articles/donate to donate.
You can also send a check or money order to:
P.O. Box 77
Hopewell, PA 16650-0077
NACLA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so all donations are fully tax-deductible.
NACLA | 38 GREENE ST. 4TH FL., NEW YORK NY 10013 | TEL: (646) 613-1440 | FAX (646) 613-1443 | email@example.com
Donate to Support the North American Congress on Latin America
- The latest on proposed massive fish farm Belfast Bay
- Whoever you are, wherever you are
- Peninsula Peace & Justice notes
- Petition: Convert Bath Iron Works to building for life
- Fwd: BIW Advent vigils
- Correction on the Hannaford donations to ACTT
- Plastics: In December, Bar Harbor Hannaford will help A Climate to Thrive
- Dec 12 forum on Plastics Pollution and Plastic Bag Ordinances, in Ellsworth
- MCCE Webinar on Maine’s Legislative Process
- Fwd: Ranked Choice Voting Put to the Test in Maine
- Film: Hannah Arendt, Nove. 30 Blue Hill
- Fwd: Kathy Kelly on Yemen – Democracy Now! off-air interview Nov 14
- Fwd: Shetterly: Accountability, History, Identity
- Fwd: Reminder: Non-violence training in Damariscotta now Nov 10
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes