20th Anniversary Aegis Plowshares Vigil & Pot Luck Supper in Bath
Before dawn on Easter, March 31, 1991 Phil Berrigan, Kathy Boylan, Tom Lewis, Barry Roth, and Daniel Sicken boarded the USS Gettysburg, an Aegis destroyer that was docked at Bath Ironworks in Maine. They hammered and poured blood on the missile hatches.
On Friday, April 1 the surviving members of the Aegis Plowshares will hold a 20th anniversary reunion vigil at BIW (3:00 pm) to be followed by a pot luck supper at the Adams-Melman House in Bath (212 Centre St) from 5:00 – 8:00 pm. You are all invited.
For more information please call George or Maureen at 763-4062
Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space
Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth. ~Henry David Thoreau
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All
- Fwd: Hancock Sheriff asks for Riot Gear