From: Ilze Petersons <email@example.com>Subject: [Peacectr_list] Fwd: Breaking News — Maine Senate passes LD 1345Date: April 2, 2014 at 3:01:52 PM EDTTo: “peacectr.list” <firstname.lastname@example.org>Congratulations to Maine All Care and supporters for this tremendous victory!———- Forwarded message ———-
From: Maine AllCare <email@example.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Subject: Breaking News — Maine Senate passes LD 1345
To: Ilze <Ilze@peacectr.org>
More Good News!!
More Good News!
** Maine Senate approves LD 1345 along party lines: 20 to 14
Dear Maine AllCare Friends
Augusta — April 2, 2014
Late this morning the Maine State Senate passed LD 1345, as Amended into a Single-payer Health Care “Resolve”. Senator Gratwick of Bangor who has been the Senate champion of the bill reports that Senator Woodbury (Unenrolled, Cumberland) spoke most eloquently in support of the bill. The vote was 20 to 14, with all Republicans voting against the resolve “… that all Maine residents have access to and coverage for affordable, quality health care…”
Further, “The amendment requires the joint standing committee of the Legislature having jurisdiction over insurance and financial services matters to solicit the services of one or more consultants to propose design options for creating a universal system of health care in the State.”
For more complete information please visit the Maine Legislature website (http://maineallcare.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5ca8a9eb3182742d187be8d10&id=525c534218&e=993b2fbca6) .
Thank you everyone for your great work – all of you who traveled to Augusta, sent emails of support and made calls to our Legislators. We will continue to keep you informed as LD 1345 moves back to the House again then onto the governor for further action.
Communications, Maine AllCare
** follow on Twitter (https://www.twitter.com/MaineAllCare/)
| ** friend on Facebook (http://maineallcare.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5ca8a9eb3182742d187be8d10&id=17ff334a14&e=993b2fbca6)
| ** forward to a friend (http://us4.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=5ca8a9eb3182742d187be8d10&id=936d88b42c&e=993b2fbca6)
Copyright © 2014 Maine AllCare, All rights reserved.
Thank you for your interest in universal,high quality and affordable health care for the people of Maine.
Our mailing address is:
PO Box 5015
Portland, ME 04101
Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
** unsubscribe from this list (http://maineallcare.us4.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=5ca8a9eb3182742d187be8d10&id=ef2608e247&e=993b2fbca6&c=936d88b42c)
| ** update subscription preferences (http://maineallcare.us4.list-manage1.com/profile?u=5ca8a9eb3182742d187be8d10&id=ef2608e247&e=993b2fbca6)
—Ilze Petersons, Program Coordinator
Peacectr_list mailing list
- The latest on proposed massive fish farm Belfast Bay
- Whoever you are, wherever you are
- Peninsula Peace & Justice notes
- Petition: Convert Bath Iron Works to building for life
- Fwd: BIW Advent vigils
- Correction on the Hannaford donations to ACTT
- Plastics: In December, Bar Harbor Hannaford will help A Climate to Thrive
- Dec 12 forum on Plastics Pollution and Plastic Bag Ordinances, in Ellsworth
- MCCE Webinar on Maine’s Legislative Process
- Fwd: Ranked Choice Voting Put to the Test in Maine
- Film: Hannah Arendt, Nove. 30 Blue Hill
- Fwd: Kathy Kelly on Yemen – Democracy Now! off-air interview Nov 14
- Fwd: Shetterly: Accountability, History, Identity
- Fwd: Reminder: Non-violence training in Damariscotta now Nov 10
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes