Turns out it was a good decision to postpone the Field of Flags to June 1st. About 30 people came out on the very hot and sunny Saturday to set up the field. In the prior week, Tony Ferrara and Doug Cowan had mowed the field in preparation (twice!) — thank you so much! The new-this-year prayer-flag circle in the center of the field worked beautifully and will serve to invite passersby into the field to look, read, reflect. Appreciation goes to Carolyn Coe for the inspiration, Pat Wheeler for providing the workshop (and the Iraq War cloth for flags) and Ron King and Peter Robbins for engineering the ring of bamboo poles. And thanks to everyone who added their caring and love.
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen Friday, October 16
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All