From: carolyn <email@example.com>Date: April 7, 2011 7:11:39 PM EDTSubject: release: Film Gasland on “fracking” to be shown
Contact: Carolyn Coe, firstname.lastname@example.org
Peninsula Peace & Justice
calendar item *for immediate release*
Documentary film Gasland, about natural gas drilling through hydraulic fracturing. Fri., Apr. 29, 7 p.m., Blue Hill Public Library. Sponsored by Peninsula Peace & Justice. Info: 326-4405.
Film Gasland on “fracking” to be shown
BLUE HILL–The documentary film Gasland will be shown on Friday, April 29, at 7 p.m. at the Blue Hill Public Library. When filmmaker Josh Fox was asked to lease his land to natural gas developers, Fox began an investigation of the safety of the process called hydraulic fracturing, also known as fracking. His film is described as “part verite travelogue, part expose, part mystery, part bluegrass banjo meltdown, part showdown.” Peninsula Peace & Justice is sponsoring the film. All welcome. For more info: 326-4405 or www.gaslandthemovie.com.
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All
- Fwd: Hancock Sheriff asks for Riot Gear
- Rally in Ellsworth today
- Memorial Day remembrance
- Fwd: Public Comment on the coming CMP-corridor rejection referendum
- Fwd: The Laramie Project-LIVE-streamed performances!
- Fwd: [nodrones] ♥️🥰12today: Zoom: ‘DISARM & DIVEST DURING COVID-19
- Earth Day 2020