From: Bonnie Preston <firstname.lastname@example.org>Shift Change at the Blue Hill Public LibraryPeople in the United States are looking for alternatives to “too big to fail” banks and multinational corporations that send jobs overseas. They want an economy that works for people who work. They are finding what they want in cooperative, worker-owned businesses.Shift Change is a documentary that shows the success that comes when the work place is cooperatively owned and democratically managed. The movie will be shown at the Blue Hill Public Library on Friday, August 16, at 7 pm in the Howard Room. This event is sponsored by the Alliance for Democracy Downeast. There will be refreshments and discussion following the film.
- film: THE GREAT HACK, Blue Hill Weds Aug 28
- Fwd: [mainevfp] Mourning the Victims of Gun Violence – Augusta – Saturday, August 10th, 7:00 p.m.
- Peninsula Peace & Justice film Friday July 26
- Fwd: Congresswoman Chellie Pingree on Palestine, the NDAA and the Pentagon Audit
- July 27 Concert for Ramallah Friends School, Belfast
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Crimea talk on Deer Isle, Thursday July 11
- Climate Convergence Conference, registration open
- Reggie Harris Concert June 20, Blue Hill
- ‘Fund Climate Solutions, Not Endless War’: 22 Arrested Demanding US Build Windmills, Not Warships
- Rockweed presentation, June 25, RFS
- Fwd: [mainevfp] A Call to Put Down Arms
- The Ongoing Palestinian Nakba, Friday June 21, blue Hill
- Fwd: BIW should help fight climate change
- Report on Occupied Palestine, Blue Hill June 21