From: Bonnie Preston <email@example.com>Shift Change at the Blue Hill Public LibraryPeople in the United States are looking for alternatives to “too big to fail” banks and multinational corporations that send jobs overseas. They want an economy that works for people who work. They are finding what they want in cooperative, worker-owned businesses.Shift Change is a documentary that shows the success that comes when the work place is cooperatively owned and democratically managed. The movie will be shown at the Blue Hill Public Library on Friday, August 16, at 7 pm in the Howard Room. This event is sponsored by the Alliance for Democracy Downeast. There will be refreshments and discussion following the film.
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen Friday, October 16
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All