From: “Free the Cuban Five (US)” <firstname.lastname@example.org>Subject: ACTION ALERT: Protest UK visa denial to Rene!Date: March 5, 2014 at 6:02:19 PM ESTReply-To: email@example.com
Wednesday, Mar. 5, 2014
Protest U.K. visa denial to René González!
This coming Friday and Saturday, an International Commission of Inquiry into the case of the Cuban Five will take place in London, England. René González, Cuban Five hero who was freed from prison in 2011 and finally allowed to return home to Cuba last year, was scheduled to be the principal witness before that Commission. The U.K. government at the last minute denied him a visa to enter England, on the pretext that René had spent more than four years in prison.
The visa denial, almost certainly done in coordination with the U.S. government, is an outrage. Every day of the 13 years that René spent in prison was an injustice, and denying him a visa based on that prison term is a further injustice. Please join with us in demanding that U.K. Prime Minister reverse this outrageous decision, and allow René to enter England and attend the Commission.
To contact PM Cameron, access his contact form by clicking here. After you fill out the form and click “Send”, you’ll receive a confirmation email. You must open that email and click the link in the email so that your message will actually be sent. The conference starts Friday, and time is of the essence, so please do it right now!
Read more about the Commission and the visa denial here.
National Committee to Free the Cuban Five
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen Friday, October 16
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All