please come to the unveiling….
AMERICANS WHO TELL THE TRUTH
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4TH, 2013HALL OF FLAGS, STATE CAPITAL BUILDING
11:30 am- 1:30 pm
The Unveiling of two paintings of Passamaquoddy Citizens and members of Maine-Wabanaki REACHDENISE ALTVATERANDESTHER ATTEAN
by Robert Shetterly
open to the public – reception follows remarks by
Commissioner Matt Dunlapp
Dear RobertRobert Shetterly’s Americans Who Tell the Truth portraits and narratives present citizens who courageously engage issues of social, environmental, and economic fairness. By combining art and history AWTT inspires and empowers action for the common good, our communities and the Earth.
The Maine Wabanaki-State Child Welfare Truth and Reconciliation Commission and Maine-Wabanaki REACH are deeply honored to be included in his project.
We hope you can come and share in this important moment of the unveiling of these portraits, hear the artist speak, one of the TRC Commissioners Matt Dunlapp, and the two subjects of the paintings, Denise Altvater and Esther Attean.
I’d like to support this effort
—Robert ShetterlyAmericans Who Tell the Truth
- Fwd: Op Ed in the Republican Journal (Belfast salmon factory)
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen Friday, October 16
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk