please come to the unveiling….
AMERICANS WHO TELL THE TRUTH
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4TH, 2013HALL OF FLAGS, STATE CAPITAL BUILDING
11:30 am- 1:30 pm
The Unveiling of two paintings of Passamaquoddy Citizens and members of Maine-Wabanaki REACHDENISE ALTVATERANDESTHER ATTEAN
by Robert Shetterly
open to the public – reception follows remarks by
Commissioner Matt Dunlapp
Dear RobertRobert Shetterly’s Americans Who Tell the Truth portraits and narratives present citizens who courageously engage issues of social, environmental, and economic fairness. By combining art and history AWTT inspires and empowers action for the common good, our communities and the Earth.
The Maine Wabanaki-State Child Welfare Truth and Reconciliation Commission and Maine-Wabanaki REACH are deeply honored to be included in his project.
We hope you can come and share in this important moment of the unveiling of these portraits, hear the artist speak, one of the TRC Commissioners Matt Dunlapp, and the two subjects of the paintings, Denise Altvater and Esther Attean.
I’d like to support this effort
—Robert ShetterlyAmericans Who Tell the Truth
- Petition: Convert Bath Iron Works to building for life
- Fwd: BIW Advent vigils
- Correction on the Hannaford donations to ACTT
- Plastics: In December, Bar Harbor Hannaford will help A Climate to Thrive
- Dec 12 forum on Plastics Pollution and Plastic Bag Ordinances, in Ellsworth
- MCCE Webinar on Maine’s Legislative Process
- Fwd: Ranked Choice Voting Put to the Test in Maine
- Film: Hannah Arendt, Nove. 30 Blue Hill
- Fwd: Kathy Kelly on Yemen – Democracy Now! off-air interview Nov 14
- Fwd: Shetterly: Accountability, History, Identity
- Fwd: Reminder: Non-violence training in Damariscotta now Nov 10
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Art Exhibit "The Essence of Things" at RFS
- Forum for Legislative Candidates In Ellsworth tonight, Monday, October 22
- Film: DO NOT RESIST, Friday Oct 26 Blue Hill