From: Lisa Savage <email@example.com>Ok, I hate the name of this bill, but it is a measure to rein in mass NSA-style surveillance that has a ton of bipartisan support.Yet none of Maine’s congressional delegation have signed on!Join me in using the ACLU’s handy tool to send email requesting they co-sponsor the bill. Or call them, if you prefer. But let them hear from you!thanks,LisaOver the last few months, each week has brought us new information about how the NSA’s massive surveillance powers are out-of-control. Congress has the power to rein in this massive domestic surveillance program, and we just got the opportunity we were looking for: Representative Sensenbrenner (R-WI) and Senator Leahy (D-VT) just introduced a good bill—the USA Freedom Act—that would go a long way to rolling back the government’s bulk collection program. The bill has a lot of momentum on Capitol Hill, but if it’s going to make past all the NSA-supporters in Congress, we need to get as many Senators and Representatives as possible to co-sponsor it. If enough of us push our members of Congress to support this bill, we can make sure that it doesn’t get watered-down before it comes up for a vote– because that’s a vote we think we can win. Thanks for taking action with me.
—Lisa Savage | CODEPINK State of Maine
Went 2 the Bridge blog
NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders still not rescinded by President Obama, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly without probable cause. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. Click here to learn more about current US laws and your rights.
- film: THE GREAT HACK, Blue Hill Weds Aug 28
- Fwd: [mainevfp] Mourning the Victims of Gun Violence – Augusta – Saturday, August 10th, 7:00 p.m.
- Peninsula Peace & Justice film Friday July 26
- Fwd: Congresswoman Chellie Pingree on Palestine, the NDAA and the Pentagon Audit
- July 27 Concert for Ramallah Friends School, Belfast
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Crimea talk on Deer Isle, Thursday July 11
- Climate Convergence Conference, registration open
- Reggie Harris Concert June 20, Blue Hill
- ‘Fund Climate Solutions, Not Endless War’: 22 Arrested Demanding US Build Windmills, Not Warships
- Rockweed presentation, June 25, RFS
- Fwd: [mainevfp] A Call to Put Down Arms
- The Ongoing Palestinian Nakba, Friday June 21, blue Hill
- Fwd: BIW should help fight climate change
- Report on Occupied Palestine, Blue Hill June 21