From: Lisa Savage <email@example.com>Ok, I hate the name of this bill, but it is a measure to rein in mass NSA-style surveillance that has a ton of bipartisan support.Yet none of Maine’s congressional delegation have signed on!Join me in using the ACLU’s handy tool to send email requesting they co-sponsor the bill. Or call them, if you prefer. But let them hear from you!thanks,LisaOver the last few months, each week has brought us new information about how the NSA’s massive surveillance powers are out-of-control. Congress has the power to rein in this massive domestic surveillance program, and we just got the opportunity we were looking for: Representative Sensenbrenner (R-WI) and Senator Leahy (D-VT) just introduced a good bill—the USA Freedom Act—that would go a long way to rolling back the government’s bulk collection program. The bill has a lot of momentum on Capitol Hill, but if it’s going to make past all the NSA-supporters in Congress, we need to get as many Senators and Representatives as possible to co-sponsor it. If enough of us push our members of Congress to support this bill, we can make sure that it doesn’t get watered-down before it comes up for a vote– because that’s a vote we think we can win. Thanks for taking action with me.
—Lisa Savage | CODEPINK State of Maine
Went 2 the Bridge blog
NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders still not rescinded by President Obama, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly without probable cause. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. Click here to learn more about current US laws and your rights.
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All
- Fwd: Hancock Sheriff asks for Riot Gear
- Rally in Ellsworth today
- Memorial Day remembrance
- Fwd: Public Comment on the coming CMP-corridor rejection referendum
- Fwd: The Laramie Project-LIVE-streamed performances!
- Fwd: [nodrones] ♥️🥰12today: Zoom: ‘DISARM & DIVEST DURING COVID-19
- Earth Day 2020
- Earth Day 2020
- Fwd: [Test] Democracy Forum: Listen – Friday, April 17