please share this announcement with friends and listsFROM: Tom Sturtevant Chapter (Maine) Veterans for Peace
TO: Concerned Citizens
SUBJ: Support Bradley Manning Demonstration
Kennebec River Bridge
Rt 27 Bridge St
Maine Veterans for Peace will be standing in solidarity with Bradley Manning on the Kennebec River Bridge in Augusta from1130 to noon on Saturday, February 23rd. That day will mark his 1,000 day in prison for having exposed the war crimes, the corruption, and abuses of the U.S. government. Due process has been denied Manning and his rights, in general, have been trampled. We will be demanding that Manning be released when his pre-trial hearing begins February 26th.
We urge all citizens to bring appropriate signs and join us.
Parking available at the Augusta City Hall adjacent to Old Fort Western on Bridge St.
For additional information contact:
Additional information available
- Fwd: Op Ed in the Republican Journal (Belfast salmon factory)
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen Friday, October 16
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk