From: CODEPINK <email@example.com>Date: July 30, 2013 3:43:52 PM EDTSubject: Bradley Manning: The Verdict is InReply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
July 30, 2013
The verdict is in: While Bradley Manning was not found guilty of aiding the enemy, he has been found guilty of 19 charges. This verdict is a blight on the history of America and the legacy of Obama’s presidency, which has prosecuted more whistleblowers than any other administration in the history of the US. Help us spread the word by sharing this image (pictured to the right).
Heroic whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg said, “Not since the leaking of the Pentagon Papers have the inner workings of war been exposed to the public in such an explosive fashion as with the WikiLeaks’ revelations of US military ventures abroad. I admire the courage of Bradley Manning for sacrificing himself to make the public aware of the futility of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.”
But it’s not too late to help Bradley. Find out what is happening in your community or plan your own event. Major General Buchanan still has the ability to reduce Manning’s sentence. Email him and/or call him (202-685-2900) now to say Manning should only be sentenced to time served. Then spread the word by sharing this image. Manning’s lawyer says our support means a lot to Bradley. We can’t give up now!
Onwards to peace,
Alli, Allie, Amanda, Dooler, Emerson, Emily, Gianna, Hannah, Heidi, Jessika, Jodie, Maggie, Medea, Nancy K, Nancy M, Natalie, Noor, Rooj, Sergei, and Tighe
- Fwd: Op Ed in the Republican Journal (Belfast salmon factory)
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen Friday, October 16
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk