From: “Jesse Graham – Maine People’s Alliance” <firstname.lastname@example.org>Subject: Health Care vetoedDate: April 9, 2014 at 5:57:22 PM EDTTo: Judy Robbins <email@example.com>Reply-To: “Jesse Graham – Maine People’s Alliance” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Today Governor LePage vetoed a bill that would expand access to life-saving health care for 70,000 people. Once again the Governor has chosen to stand against the will of the majority of Mainers and put politics above people.
Now only 13 Republican state Senators stand in the way of health care for thousands of Mainers.
They have to choose – do they stand with the majority of Mainers, or with Governor LePage?
Hundreds of Mainers will lose access to critical medication, thousands will suffer needless medical debt and bankruptcy, and some people may even die if the legislature fails to accept the federal funds for health care.
This is a debate with real consequences; thousands of people’s lives are on the line. A minority of legislators shouldn’t be able to dictate who can and cannot get access to life-saving health care.
MPA Executive Director
This email is was sent to email@example.com. The Maine Peoples Alliance works to advance social, economic and environmental justice and organize for a better Maine. Click to unsubscribe from this email list.565 Congress St, Ste 200
Portland, ME 04101
- film KILLING GAZA Friday Blue Hill
- Report from the World Economic Forum
- Fwd: WERU Link: Land Use Planning Commission Poised to Open 1.3 million Acres of Maine Woods to Development
- Film: Killing Gaza, Blue Hill Jan. 25
- Travel to Cuba with Witness for Peace
- Johan Galtung on: 2019 A Year for Health
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: "Fast for Yemen" in NYC – video from TRNN, DN!
- Fwd: Fast for Yemen in NYC and DC
- Fwd: from Kabul
- Fwd: Latest This Issue on U.S. demonization of Russia
- The latest on proposed massive fish farm Belfast Bay
- Whoever you are, wherever you are
- Peninsula Peace & Justice notes
- Petition: Convert Bath Iron Works to building for life