From: CODEPINK <firstname.lastname@example.org>Date: May 4, 2013 12:11:11 PM EDTSubject: Help us reach 1,000 fasters for Gitmo!Reply-To: email@example.com
May 4, 2013
Join the urgent call to save the lives of 130 prisoners on a hunger strike in Guantanamo by agreeing to fast (preferably in a public place) for at least 24 hours. We already have over 600 people signed up. Help us reach 1,000! Sign our pledge to join the global hunger strike and actions for justice for Guantanamo prisoners by fasting.
Today, 130 of the 166 detainees in Guantanamo are engaged in a hunger strike that started in February. Even though President Obama promised to shut down Guantanamo when he ran for president and continues to say he wants to close the prison, his failure to do so has prompted us to take further action by organizing a global hunger strike. Join us by signing the pledge now!
All over the world, people are outraged by the indefinite detention of prisoners at Guantanamo and their cruel and degrading treatment. Join the fast with high-profile global figures such as holistic healer Deepak Chopra, playwright Eve Ensler, and Wikileaks founder Julian Assange. Send us a picture of youself with a message you would like to share with the world and we will post it in our growing Flickr set.
After 11 years protesting in orange jumpsuits at the White House, in Congress, at the State Department and even making a trip to Guantanamo, we realize it is time to make this bigger than ever. Join us, wherever you are, today!
Onward toward justice for all,
Alli, Candice, Dooler, Jodie, Medea, Nancy, Noor, Rooj, Tighe
P.S. Tweet this: Hey @BarackObama, keep your promise: Close Guantanamo! #CloseGitmo @WhiteHouse #Fast4Gitmo
P.P.S. Join CODEPINK in Fort Meade, Maryland on June 1st as Bradley Manning’s trial kicks off!
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All
- Fwd: Hancock Sheriff asks for Riot Gear