From: CODEPINK <firstname.lastname@example.org>Date: January 18, 2014 10:03:35 AM ESTSubject: Justin Bieber and IranReply-To: email@example.com
January 18, 2014
Jon Stewart thinks it’s nuts for Congress to sabotage President Obama’s talks with Iran, calling Congress the Justin Bieber of our government!
Senate Bill 1881 calls for tightened sanctions on Iran and would blow up the successful nuclear talks– and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid could bring it up for a vote in the Senate any time. President Obama even called it a “march to war”! Tell Senator Reid to STOP THIS BILL!
President Obama has said he will veto this bill if it passes, but because of heavy pressure from the Israel lobby AIPAC, the Senate already has 59 cosponsors, and only needs 8 more votes before the bill can override a presidential veto.
We need YOU to take action: Sign this petition to Senator Reid now, and then take a minute to call his office at (202) 224-3542. Tell him not to undermine this golden chance for diplomacy, keep the Iran sanctions bill S.1881 off the floor!
For peace with Iran,
Alli, Cayman, Daria, Janet, Jodie, Kate, Lisa, Marina, Medea, Nancy K, Nancy M, Perrine, Sara, Sergei, and Tighe
- film: THE GREAT HACK, Blue Hill Weds Aug 28
- Fwd: [mainevfp] Mourning the Victims of Gun Violence – Augusta – Saturday, August 10th, 7:00 p.m.
- Peninsula Peace & Justice film Friday July 26
- Fwd: Congresswoman Chellie Pingree on Palestine, the NDAA and the Pentagon Audit
- July 27 Concert for Ramallah Friends School, Belfast
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Crimea talk on Deer Isle, Thursday July 11
- Climate Convergence Conference, registration open
- Reggie Harris Concert June 20, Blue Hill
- ‘Fund Climate Solutions, Not Endless War’: 22 Arrested Demanding US Build Windmills, Not Warships
- Rockweed presentation, June 25, RFS
- Fwd: [mainevfp] A Call to Put Down Arms
- The Ongoing Palestinian Nakba, Friday June 21, blue Hill
- Fwd: BIW should help fight climate change
- Report on Occupied Palestine, Blue Hill June 21