From: CODEPINK <firstname.lastname@example.org>Date: January 18, 2014 10:03:35 AM ESTSubject: Justin Bieber and IranReply-To: email@example.com
January 18, 2014
Jon Stewart thinks it’s nuts for Congress to sabotage President Obama’s talks with Iran, calling Congress the Justin Bieber of our government!
Senate Bill 1881 calls for tightened sanctions on Iran and would blow up the successful nuclear talks– and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid could bring it up for a vote in the Senate any time. President Obama even called it a “march to war”! Tell Senator Reid to STOP THIS BILL!
President Obama has said he will veto this bill if it passes, but because of heavy pressure from the Israel lobby AIPAC, the Senate already has 59 cosponsors, and only needs 8 more votes before the bill can override a presidential veto.
We need YOU to take action: Sign this petition to Senator Reid now, and then take a minute to call his office at (202) 224-3542. Tell him not to undermine this golden chance for diplomacy, keep the Iran sanctions bill S.1881 off the floor!
For peace with Iran,
Alli, Cayman, Daria, Janet, Jodie, Kate, Lisa, Marina, Medea, Nancy K, Nancy M, Perrine, Sara, Sergei, and Tighe
- The latest on proposed massive fish farm Belfast Bay
- Whoever you are, wherever you are
- Peninsula Peace & Justice notes
- Petition: Convert Bath Iron Works to building for life
- Fwd: BIW Advent vigils
- Correction on the Hannaford donations to ACTT
- Plastics: In December, Bar Harbor Hannaford will help A Climate to Thrive
- Dec 12 forum on Plastics Pollution and Plastic Bag Ordinances, in Ellsworth
- MCCE Webinar on Maine’s Legislative Process
- Fwd: Ranked Choice Voting Put to the Test in Maine
- Film: Hannah Arendt, Nove. 30 Blue Hill
- Fwd: Kathy Kelly on Yemen – Democracy Now! off-air interview Nov 14
- Fwd: Shetterly: Accountability, History, Identity
- Fwd: Reminder: Non-violence training in Damariscotta now Nov 10
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes