From: “Global Network” <email@example.com>
Maine Drone Peace Walk ScheduleOctober 10-19, 2013
Welcome & RegisterWe invite you to consider joining the October 10-19 Preserve our Privacy: No Drone Spying in Maine peace walk. The walk is being organized by the Maine Campaign to Bring Our War $$ Home and Maine Veterans for Peace.The peace walk will be led by Buddhist nun Jun-san Yasuda (Grafton, NY) from the Nipponzan Myohoji order. They are an order from Japan and specialize in doing peace walks all over the world.
We must push back against the expanding use of surveillance drones in the US and weaponized drones around the world that are killing many innocent people. There is much talk about bringing drones to Maine and making the Presque Isle airport a weaponized drone test center, thus our reason for starting the walk in Aroostook County.
Below you will find the daily walk schedule. Please note that we will usually begin walking at 8:30 am each day and walk about three miles per hour. Most evening’s local hosts will organize a potluck supper for us around 6:00 pm. The public is invited to attend any and all events. On most of the nights a short program will follow the supper.We would like for you to let us know if you plan to be with us for any part of this peace walk so we can more effectively make our logistical plans. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-443-9502 and let us know the date(s) you plan to join us, your name, and contact information for each person.What to Bring?If you plan to walk we recommend you bring: good walking shoes; water bottle; rain gear (including rain pants); sleeping bag (some nights we will be provided with home hospitality, other nights we will sleep on church floors); and hat.We will have a covered truck to haul all walker gear so you will not have to carry anything. We will also have vans to give people rides when they get tired during the walk or need to get back to their cars.
This will be a community building experience for all of us.
Drone Walk ScheduleMaine Campaign to Bring Our War $$ Home http://www.bringourwardollarshome.org/index.htmlMaine Veterans for Peace http://vfpmaine.org/vfp.asp
- Howard Zinn on The Problem of Civil Disobedience
- film: The Human Element, Blue Hill May 31
- May 15 (Wednesday) is 5G protest day (+ free documentary this weekend)
- WERU Public Affairs program Carolyn Coe May 7 — Bath Iron Works protests
- Talk on Community Impacts of Climate Change
- ON NOW (10-11): WERU call-in discussing Maine waste management
- UN Report Warns of Devastating Extinction
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- BIW Protest? (lost correspondence)
- BIW Protest Video!!
- Climate change inspired protestors, Bangor Daily News
- Fwd: climate action conference. We invite you May 4th
- Fwd: Rights for All in Sedgwick
- Another shameful "christening" at Bath Iron Works
- Fwd: 25 Arrested Demanding BIW Convert To Building For Climate Solutions, Not Carbon Belching War Ships