Almost 70,000 Mainers are being denied access to life-saving health care by Governor LePage. On January 8th, our elected officials start a new legislative session, and their first priority should be reversing the Governor’s decision so thousands of Mainers can receive the health care coverage they so desperately need.
Preventing access to health care could mean the difference between life and death for some Mainers. It shouldn’t be a political game. It’s time our elected officials got the message.Join us on the opening day of the legislative session to tell our elected officials that access to health care needs to be their first priority.
We’ll start the day with training, followed by a rally. Before lunch (included), we’ll meet with legislators in small groups.When
January 8th, 2014 8:30 AM through 1:00 PMLocation
Please RSVP here:
- film KILLING GAZA Friday Blue Hill
- Report from the World Economic Forum
- Fwd: WERU Link: Land Use Planning Commission Poised to Open 1.3 million Acres of Maine Woods to Development
- Film: Killing Gaza, Blue Hill Jan. 25
- Travel to Cuba with Witness for Peace
- Johan Galtung on: 2019 A Year for Health
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: "Fast for Yemen" in NYC – video from TRNN, DN!
- Fwd: Fast for Yemen in NYC and DC
- Fwd: from Kabul
- Fwd: Latest This Issue on U.S. demonization of Russia
- The latest on proposed massive fish farm Belfast Bay
- Whoever you are, wherever you are
- Peninsula Peace & Justice notes
- Petition: Convert Bath Iron Works to building for life