Subject: Summer Solstice Water Ceremony and Solidarity Circle
From: Maria_Girouard@umit.maine.eduSummer Solstice
Water Ceremony and Solidarity Circle
Friday, June 21st 12:30 – 3:30
Indian Island, Penobscot Nation
Arrive at 12:30 pm – Park in Community Building Parking Lot*
There is a short walk to the ceremony grounds from the parking lot (less than ¼ mile)
Water Ceremony to start promptly at 1:00 pm
No cameras/ recording devices allowed at ceremony. Please NO bottled Water.
Following the Ceremony, gather for Alliance-building at the Boat Landing:
Music for Mother Earth by Timbered Lake
Information on Hydrofracking and Tar Sands (What is it and why you should be aware), AND updates on the current Mi’kmaq/ Maliseet protests in New Brunswick.
Opportunity to help 2 Mi’kmaq women arrested while standing up for Mother Earth.
Group picture of solidarity ~ Standing up for Mother Earth!
* Directions to Indian Island, Penobscot Nation from I-95 – take Exit 197 (Route 43/Old Town Exit), travel Gilman Falls Avenue toward Old Town (Approximately 2.5 miles); Turn LEFT onto Indian Island bridge; [Please note: there are detours on Indian Island due to road construction AND our speed limit is 20 miles per hour ]; continue STRAIGHT – the road will curve around “the pond” and up a hill; at the top of the hill, turn LEFT and follow to the end; at the stop sign, turn RIGHT, and then veer left at fork; at the next stop sign, turn RIGHT –approximately ¼ mile to Community Building Parking Lot on LEFT. Directions to ceremonial site will be provided when you arrive.
“Anishinaabekwe, the Daughter, You are the keepers of the Water. I am Nibi…Water…the sacred
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen Friday, October 16
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All