From: “Vincent Warren, Executive Director, CCR” <email@example.com>Date: February 20, 2014 1:55:17 PM ESTSubject: Reminder: TONIGHT Watch Livestream on Drug WarReply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
Dear CCR Supporter,
Tonight at 6:30 p.m. EST, CCR will host an important discussion on the U.S. “War on Drugs.” Please tune in tonight for the livestream of this critical discussion.
The Drug War has fueled mass incarceration and discriminatory policing practices in the U.S., as well as violence and militarization throughout Latin America. This panel will bring together organizers and scholars on both sides of the border to talk about the domestic and international impacts of the Drug War and strategies to resist this racist, ineffective, and devastating “war.”
Tune in tonight at 6:30 p.m. EST for the livestream of this critical discussion.
Tonight’s event will feature: Alfredo Carrasquillo, Civil Rights Organizer with Voices Of Community Activists & Leaders (VOCAL-NY); David Vivar, scholar on US drug war in Latin America and activist in the Honduran resistance movement, and Carla Garcia of the Organizacion Fraternal Negra Hondurenia (OFRANEH), a Garifuna human rights organization based in Honduras. The discussion will be moderated by Jaisal Noor, host and producer for The Real News Network, and feature introductory remarks by Vincent Warren, Executive Director of the Center for Constitutional Rights.
We welcome livestream viewers to participate in the conversation by sending questions to the panel by emailing askCCR@ccrjustice.org, by tweeting to the hashtag #NoDrugWar, or by asking question in the chat window of the livestream.
If you are near New York City, please register here and join us in person!
Thank you for standing with us.
Thank you for your continued support.
The Center for Constitutional Rights is dedicated to advancing and protecting the rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.Read More
This newsletter was sent to email@example.com.
Rather not receive it anymore? Unsubscribe
© Center for Constitutional Rights, 666 Broadway, New York, NY 10012 | (212) 614-6464
- film: THE GREAT HACK, Blue Hill Weds Aug 28
- Fwd: [mainevfp] Mourning the Victims of Gun Violence – Augusta – Saturday, August 10th, 7:00 p.m.
- Peninsula Peace & Justice film Friday July 26
- Fwd: Congresswoman Chellie Pingree on Palestine, the NDAA and the Pentagon Audit
- July 27 Concert for Ramallah Friends School, Belfast
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Crimea talk on Deer Isle, Thursday July 11
- Climate Convergence Conference, registration open
- Reggie Harris Concert June 20, Blue Hill
- ‘Fund Climate Solutions, Not Endless War’: 22 Arrested Demanding US Build Windmills, Not Warships
- Rockweed presentation, June 25, RFS
- Fwd: [mainevfp] A Call to Put Down Arms
- The Ongoing Palestinian Nakba, Friday June 21, blue Hill
- Fwd: BIW should help fight climate change
- Report on Occupied Palestine, Blue Hill June 21