From: “Vincent Warren, Executive Director, CCR” <email@example.com>Date: February 20, 2014 1:55:17 PM ESTSubject: Reminder: TONIGHT Watch Livestream on Drug WarReply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
Dear CCR Supporter,
Tonight at 6:30 p.m. EST, CCR will host an important discussion on the U.S. “War on Drugs.” Please tune in tonight for the livestream of this critical discussion.
The Drug War has fueled mass incarceration and discriminatory policing practices in the U.S., as well as violence and militarization throughout Latin America. This panel will bring together organizers and scholars on both sides of the border to talk about the domestic and international impacts of the Drug War and strategies to resist this racist, ineffective, and devastating “war.”
Tune in tonight at 6:30 p.m. EST for the livestream of this critical discussion.
Tonight’s event will feature: Alfredo Carrasquillo, Civil Rights Organizer with Voices Of Community Activists & Leaders (VOCAL-NY); David Vivar, scholar on US drug war in Latin America and activist in the Honduran resistance movement, and Carla Garcia of the Organizacion Fraternal Negra Hondurenia (OFRANEH), a Garifuna human rights organization based in Honduras. The discussion will be moderated by Jaisal Noor, host and producer for The Real News Network, and feature introductory remarks by Vincent Warren, Executive Director of the Center for Constitutional Rights.
We welcome livestream viewers to participate in the conversation by sending questions to the panel by emailing askCCR@ccrjustice.org, by tweeting to the hashtag #NoDrugWar, or by asking question in the chat window of the livestream.
If you are near New York City, please register here and join us in person!
Thank you for standing with us.
Thank you for your continued support.
The Center for Constitutional Rights is dedicated to advancing and protecting the rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.Read More
This newsletter was sent to email@example.com.
Rather not receive it anymore? Unsubscribe
© Center for Constitutional Rights, 666 Broadway, New York, NY 10012 | (212) 614-6464
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All
- Fwd: Hancock Sheriff asks for Riot Gear