From: “Global Network” <email@example.com>
U.S. Cancels Regular Drone Strikes on SaturdaysFrom this week’s New Yorker:
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Citing budgetary concerns, the United States announced today that it would discontinue regular Saturday drone strikes on U.S. citizens, beginning in 2014.
In announcing the decision, the White House spokesman Jay Carney acknowledged that the cutback in drone service was “bound to be controversial.” “In the
, we’ve always prided ourselves on our ability to target our citizens with drone strikes, Monday through Saturday, regardless of the weather,” he said. “We know that losing Saturday drone service is going to take some getting used to.” United States
But the move to cutback in drone service drew sharp criticism from a longtime defender of the program, the former Vice-President Dick Cheney. “Like most Americans, I thought I’d never see the day when drones just up and take Saturdays off,” he said. “This would never be happening if I were still President.”
As if to silence critics, Mr. Carney assured reporters that drones could “still get the job done” Monday through Friday, and reminded
citizens to update the government on any change of address so the drones would know where to reach them. U.S.
Tired of Looking Old?
57-Year-Old Mom has a simple facelift trick that angered doctors…
To unsubscribe from this list, just go to https://lists.riseup.net/www/sigrequest/nodrones
- Fwd: Op Ed in the Republican Journal (Belfast salmon factory)
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen Friday, October 16
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk