From: Posie Cowan <email@example.com>WOMEN’S RIGHTS: THE SUCCESSES, THE FAILURES AND THE FUTUREDates and Time – Mondays 3 – 5 pm, October 14, 21, 28, November 4.
Location – Blue Hill Public Library, Howard Room
We will focus on the last hundred years of Women’s Rights in the United States starting with the 75-year campaign for a federal suffrage amendment started by Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton in 1848 that culminated in winning the vote in 1920 – thanks to the combined efforts of what is now the League of Women Voters and the brilliant strategies of Alice Paul and the National Women’s Party. Topics will include the efforts to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment and the influence of Betty Freidan’s many books especially The Feminine Mystique. We will conclude with women’s reproductive rights and health care access and the current status of feminism.
The facilitators are each informed advocates of women’s rights. Posie Cowan is interested in the Suffrage Movement. Kathy Bonk was media director for NOW legal defense fund. Deborah DeWitt was a board member of Planned Parenthood and the Guttmacher Institute. Audrey Le is on the faculty at UM in English and Women and Gender Studies.
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All
- Fwd: Hancock Sheriff asks for Riot Gear
- Rally in Ellsworth today
- Memorial Day remembrance
- Fwd: Public Comment on the coming CMP-corridor rejection referendum
- Fwd: The Laramie Project-LIVE-streamed performances!
- Fwd: [nodrones] ♥️🥰12today: Zoom: ‘DISARM & DIVEST DURING COVID-19
- Earth Day 2020
- Earth Day 2020
- Fwd: [Test] Democracy Forum: Listen – Friday, April 17