From: Midcoast Peace and Justice Group <email@example.com>
Statewide Meeting Saturday – Constitutional Amendment / End Corporate Personhood (Midcoast Peace and Justice Statewide List)———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
CORPORATIONS ARE NOT PEOPLE! MONEY IS NOT SPEECH!The Midcoast Peace and Justice group (http://www.midcoastpeaceandjustice.org/) invites you to a statewide meeting, Saturday, November 23rd, noon to 3pm, at the Mediation & Facilitation Resources Center at 11 King Street in Augusta, to launch our citizen’s initiative help make the dream of a nation for, of and by the people a reality.The initiative, drafted by attorneys Naomi Cohen and Phil Worden, incorporates language close to that of Move to Amend, and calls for a constitutional amendment to eliminate corporate personhood and money as speech, in order to undo the damage being done to our democracy by undue corporate power. We hope to be able to work with other groups that are concerned about these growing threats, to fair elections, to environmental protection and our climate, to our health and welfare. Much help will be needed across the state to carry this effort through.We hope you can come to this meeting, and can work with us on this initiative. Please let us know if you will attend the meeting, if you are interested in helping, have more ideas, and information we may need. This is a campaign of the people. Together we can reclaim our country!We hope to see you there.
Pizza, cider and other lunch items available.
FMI – 691-0322 or email contacts below:
This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
Midcoast Peace and Justice Group · 1160 Atlantic Highway, Warren, ME · Warren, ME 04864 · USA
- The latest on proposed massive fish farm Belfast Bay
- Whoever you are, wherever you are
- Peninsula Peace & Justice notes
- Petition: Convert Bath Iron Works to building for life
- Fwd: BIW Advent vigils
- Correction on the Hannaford donations to ACTT
- Plastics: In December, Bar Harbor Hannaford will help A Climate to Thrive
- Dec 12 forum on Plastics Pollution and Plastic Bag Ordinances, in Ellsworth
- MCCE Webinar on Maine’s Legislative Process
- Fwd: Ranked Choice Voting Put to the Test in Maine
- Film: Hannah Arendt, Nove. 30 Blue Hill
- Fwd: Kathy Kelly on Yemen – Democracy Now! off-air interview Nov 14
- Fwd: Shetterly: Accountability, History, Identity
- Fwd: Reminder: Non-violence training in Damariscotta now Nov 10
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes