From: “Global Network” <email@example.com>Date: October 15, 2013 9:05:54 PM EDT
We were walking along today from Mercer to Farmington when a big green bus zoomed by us. I noticed it said Bread & Puppet on the back. Then minutes later the bus had turned around and pulled into a parking lot in front of us. A bunch of young people jumped out and they immediately began unloading band equipment from the rear end. Soon we had the Bread & Puppet marching band leading our walk. They played When the Saints Go Marching In and Down by the Riverside as we continued walking. Then they apologized saying they had to get on to do a show someplace and headed back to their bus.
It is things like this that keep happening during these peace walks….magical moments. Guaranteed to be one or more each day for sure.
We walked 14.4 miles today and had a wonderful pot luck supper at a church in Farmington. The event was hosted by Veterans for Peace co-founder Doug Rawlings and our walkers were divided into various homes for the night. I am in a log cabin in the woods (with Internet connection) somewhere eight miles from Farmington.
Tomorrow we head to Waterville. We’ve been picking up more people as we go along, today three more full time walkers joined us. More are expected to come onboard in the next days.
We are asking people to join us in Augusta at the capital Hall of Flags on Friday, Oct 18 at 3:00 pm for our closing ceremony/rally/news conference. Kathy Kelly, Tarak Kauff, and Shenna Bellows will be among the speakers.
You can find the entire walk schedule hereBruce GagnonMaine Veterans for PeaceMaine Bring Our War $$ Home Campaign
- Correction on the Hannaford donations to ACTT
- Plastics: In December, Bar Harbor Hannaford will help A Climate to Thrive
- Dec 12 forum on Plastics Pollution and Plastic Bag Ordinances, in Ellsworth
- MCCE Webinar on Maine’s Legislative Process
- Fwd: Ranked Choice Voting Put to the Test in Maine
- Film: Hannah Arendt, Nove. 30 Blue Hill
- Fwd: Kathy Kelly on Yemen – Democracy Now! off-air interview Nov 14
- Fwd: Shetterly: Accountability, History, Identity
- Fwd: Reminder: Non-violence training in Damariscotta now Nov 10
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Art Exhibit "The Essence of Things" at RFS
- Forum for Legislative Candidates In Ellsworth tonight, Monday, October 22
- Film: DO NOT RESIST, Friday Oct 26 Blue Hill
- Ranked Choice Voting Explained, Orland, Oct 24
- Resources for encouraging voting