From: “Kevin Simowitz – Maine People’s Alliance” <email@example.com>Date: February 12, 2014 12:45:42 PM ESTTo: Judy Robbins <firstname.lastname@example.org>Subject: Sign the petition: Release the reportReply-To: “Kevin Simowitz – Maine People’s Alliance” <email@example.com>
Last year, the Senate Intelligence Committee approved a report that offers an unprecedented review of the CIA’s use of torture. The report is currently classified, but the committee will have the opportunity at the end of this month to vote on releasing it to the public.
Both Maine Senators Susan Collins and Angus King sit on the committee, and both have not publicly said how they will vote on releasing the report.
We have a right to know what our government has been doing, especially when it comes to an issue as important as the use of torture. This report’s release is critical for informing the public conversation on torture and our senators should do the right thing.
MPA Organizing Director
This email is was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Maine Peoples Alliance works to advance social, economic and environmental justice and organize for a better Maine. Click to unsubscribe from this email list.565 Congress St, Ste 200
Portland, ME 04101
- Fwd: [Peacectr_list] Event: “Reckoning with Our Racial Past and Present in the Liberal Arts”
- film: THE GREAT HACK, Blue Hill Weds Aug 28
- Fwd: [mainevfp] Mourning the Victims of Gun Violence – Augusta – Saturday, August 10th, 7:00 p.m.
- Peninsula Peace & Justice film Friday July 26
- Fwd: Congresswoman Chellie Pingree on Palestine, the NDAA and the Pentagon Audit
- July 27 Concert for Ramallah Friends School, Belfast
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Crimea talk on Deer Isle, Thursday July 11
- Climate Convergence Conference, registration open
- Reggie Harris Concert June 20, Blue Hill
- ‘Fund Climate Solutions, Not Endless War’: 22 Arrested Demanding US Build Windmills, Not Warships
- Rockweed presentation, June 25, RFS
- Fwd: [mainevfp] A Call to Put Down Arms
- The Ongoing Palestinian Nakba, Friday June 21, blue Hill
- Fwd: BIW should help fight climate change