From: Lisa Savage <firstname.lastname@example.org>Date: May 18, 2013 8:04:29 AM EDTTo: Lisa Savage <email@example.com>Subject: URGENT: Please sign health care petition
Save lives and save money by covering more Mainers!
Accepting the federal dollars that have already been set aside to cover Maine’s uninsured will benefit all Maine people and boost Maine’s economy.
- More Mainers will have health insurance.
- Health care costs will go down.
- More lives will be saved and people will be healthier.
- Maine’s economy will grow.
I call on you to accept the federal funds set aside for Maine to provide health coverage to more than 69,500 Mainers and save taxpayer dollars by fully expanding MaineCare.Dear friends,Please sign the petition by MONDAY (5/20/13) morning. http://covermainenow.com/take-action#.UZaqjUqiyuoThen pass this email on to all your friends. We’re trying to add at least 1,000 more name.Then call the legislative answering service and leave a message for your rep and senator. I heard a legislator say “just because you don’t have health insurance doesn’t mean you don’t have health care.” I don’t know what world she lives in but that is absolutely untrue. Just ask the woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer through the state screening program who then could not afford the treatment. I’m sure you know stories too.Thanks for showing you care.Chris
Show that you care about
- Providing health insurance coverage to more than 69,500 Mainers with incomes below 138% of the federal poverty level, most of whom are working.
- Pumping more than $256 million in new federal funds into Maine’s economy.
- Creating 3,100 new jobs in Maine.
- Saving lives and saving money.
Tell legislators to
Accept Federal Funds for Maine’s Health CareCover Maine Now Petition
Please act now! It’s fast and easy!and
Call your Legislators
NOW is the time! Right now, legislators are considering a plan to accept federal funds that would provide health insurance to adults with low income who otherwise can’t afford it. Your legislators need to know that you want them to support the plan to accept these funds.
Accepting the federal dollars that Congress has already set aside to cover Maine’s uninsured will benefit all Maine people, and boost Maine’s economy.
Sign the Cover Maine Now petition and call your legislators toll-free to leave a message urging them to accept these federal funds for health care.
Sign Cover Maine Now Petition
Maine Equal Justice Partners (MEJP) and other organizations have been working through the Cover Maine Now Coalition to advocate for this health care funding. Learn more about the work here.Then please take a minute to sign this petition to state legislators!
Call Your Legislators
Your call is important! Legislators need to know that, like the majority of Mainers (nearly 70%), you think accepting these funds is the smart thing to do. Just a few calls from constituents can make a difference on the outcome of this vote.
Please call the toll-free legislative answering service and leave a message for your legislators today!
Representatives: 1-800-423-2900Senators: 1-800-423-6900
You can leave a message 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week.
When you call, leave:
- Your name
- Town that you live in
- The name of your legislator, and
- A brief message.If you would like to talk with your legislator, be sure to leave your number and the best time for her/him to call you back.
Not sure who your State Legislators are? Look them up here.
Thanks for showing you care. Please ask one more person to do the same.
For more information, go to:
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG – www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3272 / Virus Database: 3162/6316 – Release Date: 05/11/13
—Lisa Savage | CODEPINK State of Maine
Went 2 the Bridge blog
NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders still not rescinded by President Obama, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly without probable cause. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. Click here to learn more about current US laws and your rights.
- Chris Hedges in Blue Hill, August 11
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes July
- Carolyn Coe July 14 report from Beit Ummar, Palestine
- Carolyn Coe report from Khan al-Ahmar, Palestine
- TOXIC NORWEGIAN FISH FARM DOCUMENTARY
- Vets for Peace speak out on Okinawa: June 29, Blue Hill
- Prof. Mazin Qumsiyeh, talk on Palestine, June 20 Brooksville
- The War At Home
- HUGE factory salmon farm in Belfast?
- Reduce plastics use — Bag It movie tonight June 11 in Ellsworth
- Fwd: [Peacectr_list] Note re: Ranked Choice Voting ballot measure
- Celebrate Cuba, June 28
- State Senate District 7 Race (Hancock County)
- Interesting article on the condition/fate of Maine newspapers
- State Senate District 7 Race (Hancock County)