From: CODEPINK <email@example.com>Date: September 17, 2013 12:15:26 PM EDTSubject: We Demand a CeasefireReply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
September 17, 2013
Thanks to the hard work of peacemakers like you, we successfully avoided a US military strike on Syria. But the situation remains dire for the Syrian people caught up in the midst of a war. Join us to call on the US Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power to do the following:
Take a strong role in pushing for a ceasefire and a negotiated solution for Syria during the Geneva II Convention;
Push for an increase in US aid to the United Nations High Commission on Refugees;
Adhere to international laws pertaining to the use of cruel weapons, including the US use of killer drones.
Let us not forget the over 2 million refugees who are enduring all forms of suffering, including rape. Most rapes happen at night when the refugee camps are pitch black, so CODEPINK and MADRE have teamed up to send solar lamps to Syria. Help us support these women by making a donation today. We have already raised over $5,000 and we want to double this number!
Onward towards peace,
Alli, Amanda, Kelleen, Jeremy, Jodie, Linda, Medea, Nancy K, Nancy M, Noor, Roqayah, Sergei, and Tighe
- Fwd: [Peacectr_list] Event: “Reckoning with Our Racial Past and Present in the Liberal Arts”
- film: THE GREAT HACK, Blue Hill Weds Aug 28
- Fwd: [mainevfp] Mourning the Victims of Gun Violence – Augusta – Saturday, August 10th, 7:00 p.m.
- Peninsula Peace & Justice film Friday July 26
- Fwd: Congresswoman Chellie Pingree on Palestine, the NDAA and the Pentagon Audit
- July 27 Concert for Ramallah Friends School, Belfast
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Crimea talk on Deer Isle, Thursday July 11
- Climate Convergence Conference, registration open
- Reggie Harris Concert June 20, Blue Hill
- ‘Fund Climate Solutions, Not Endless War’: 22 Arrested Demanding US Build Windmills, Not Warships
- Rockweed presentation, June 25, RFS
- Fwd: [mainevfp] A Call to Put Down Arms
- The Ongoing Palestinian Nakba, Friday June 21, blue Hill
- Fwd: BIW should help fight climate change