From: CODEPINK <firstname.lastname@example.org>Date: September 17, 2013 12:15:26 PM EDTSubject: We Demand a CeasefireReply-To: email@example.com
September 17, 2013
Thanks to the hard work of peacemakers like you, we successfully avoided a US military strike on Syria. But the situation remains dire for the Syrian people caught up in the midst of a war. Join us to call on the US Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power to do the following:
Take a strong role in pushing for a ceasefire and a negotiated solution for Syria during the Geneva II Convention;
Push for an increase in US aid to the United Nations High Commission on Refugees;
Adhere to international laws pertaining to the use of cruel weapons, including the US use of killer drones.
Let us not forget the over 2 million refugees who are enduring all forms of suffering, including rape. Most rapes happen at night when the refugee camps are pitch black, so CODEPINK and MADRE have teamed up to send solar lamps to Syria. Help us support these women by making a donation today. We have already raised over $5,000 and we want to double this number!
Onward towards peace,
Alli, Amanda, Kelleen, Jeremy, Jodie, Linda, Medea, Nancy K, Nancy M, Noor, Roqayah, Sergei, and Tighe
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen Friday, October 16
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All