Dear Everybody,The Grupo Fenix is now offering an new Natural Building Course this comming January and February. I will be there giving some seminars but most of the course will be taught by the campesinos (peasants) who will teach you not only how to make adobe bricks but will go over the design details of highly efficient natural architecture. This is called Technology Transfer. Please pass this message on to whomever you feel might be interested and feel free to post anywhere you wish.I hope to see you in Nicaragua next year,Richard Komp
Something look funkified in this email? View it on the web. Natural Building Course
22nd Jan to 3rd Feb 2012
Grupo Fenix’s Natural Building Course will provide you with the opportunity to learn and employ several aspects of building with natural materials while constructing a clasroom for the AgroEcological Solar natural building techniques.
Experience the local culture while being hosted by one of the families of the Solar Women of Totogalpa (www.mujeressolares.org). Laugh along with your host family as you try to recall your high school Spanish, balance water on your head or make tortillas.
Topics and techniques covered will include:
- Foundation systems.
- Roof systems.
- Wall systems including adobe, cob, wattle and daub, recyclables and plastic bottle bricks and straw/clay.
- Basic carpentry.
- Bamboo construction.
- Earthbag construction,.
- Earthen plasters and sculptural techniques.
- Earthen floors and regional resourcing.This class is appropriate for all levels and areas of interest from architects and builders to the simply curious.
Lead Instructors: Liz Johndrow of Earthen Endeavors (www.earthenendeavors.com) and Nancy Bernstein of Amstutz Woodworking LLC.
Price: US$1495 includes course, food and lodging with host family and travel to and from airport. Airfare not included.
Sent to firstname.lastname@example.org — why did I get this?
unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences
Grupe Fenix · Apartado 30, Correo de Nicaragua · Ocotal 0
- Fwd: Op Ed in the Republican Journal (Belfast salmon factory)
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen Friday, October 16
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk