If you’re having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.
Dear Stay-at-home Caravanista supporter,Havana — The IFCO/Pastors for Peace 20th anniversary caravan cargo of nearly 100 tons of humanitarian aid has arrived in Cuba, reported Prensa Latina this weekend. This 23rd Friendshipment included five vehicles and four containers of medical, educational and construction aid, collected by groups from across the US, Canada and Mexico.Pastor Estela Hernández of the William Carey Baptist Church in Cuba said that the Cuban Ecumenical Distribution Committee will now begin the month-long process of distributing the aid, prioritizing those institutions and individuals demonstrating the most need. According to Hernández, one bus will be delivered to a school for disabled children in Pinar del Rio, while others will be distributed throughout the island.The IFCO/Pastors for Peace US-Cuba Friendshipment is a bold challenge to the decades old US blockade of Cuba. “By not seeking or accepting a license from the US government to collect and deliver aid to our brothers and sisters in Cuba, we prove that the US blockade is not merely unjust and immoral as the United Nations has affirmed overwhelmingly year after year but rather an economic, cultural and social war against the people of Cuba,” said IFCO Co-Director Rev. Luis Barrios.
Your partnership is what makes our work possible — we thank you for being part of the team.
School busses and the cargo containers filled with donated aid on the ship headed to Cuba.
School busses brought to Cuba over the 20 years of Caravans parade through Havana — to welcome the 20th Anniversary Caravan.
US Customs Officals greet us at the Border — but Love is our License!
418 West 145th Street | New York, NY 10031 US
This email was sent to email@example.com. To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your
address book or safe list.
Got this as a forward? Sign up to receive our future emails.
- Fwd: Op Ed in the Republican Journal (Belfast salmon factory)
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen Friday, October 16
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk