Hello, everyone —
a reminder that tonight is the nightwe’re sponsoring Candidate Forums in in Ellsworth. The forums begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Ellsworth City Hall Auditorium and feature candidates for District Attorney, State House of Representatives, and State Senate. Co-sponsors include AAUW, BPW, the Ellsworth American, and the Ellsworth Area Chamber of Commerce.
Also mark your calendars for the following:
From 7 – 9:00 p.m. on Friday, October 22, “the nerve” and friends will play a benefit concert for Maine Citizens for Clean Elections at the Fisherman’s Friend, 5 Atlantic Ave, Stonington. Suggested donation $5.
On Saturday, October 23, Reel Pizza in Bar Harbor will screen the movie, Casino Jack and the United State of Money to benefit Maine Citizens for Clean Elections. This new documentary offers a probing investigation into the lies, greed, and corruption surrounding D.C. super-lobbyist Jack Abramoff and his cronies. That’s 2:00 p.m., Reel Pizza, 33 Kennebec Place, Bar Harbor. Suggested donation, $6.
On Wednesday, October 27, we’ll get together for the next Current Events Discussion Group from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. at the home of Margery Forbes in Blue Hill. The discussion group is interesting and a lot of fun. Bring an article or news story to discuss with the group. Call 374-2068 to RSVP or if you need directions.
On Friday, October 29, the Maine Humanities Council is sponsoring a day-long program, “Coming to America: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives on Immigration,” at The Grand in Ellsworth. Here’s a link for more information.
hope you can join us for one or all of these get-togethers. See you soon!
- Whoever you are, wherever you are
- Peninsula Peace & Justice notes
- Petition: Convert Bath Iron Works to building for life
- Fwd: BIW Advent vigils
- Correction on the Hannaford donations to ACTT
- Plastics: In December, Bar Harbor Hannaford will help A Climate to Thrive
- Dec 12 forum on Plastics Pollution and Plastic Bag Ordinances, in Ellsworth
- MCCE Webinar on Maine’s Legislative Process
- Fwd: Ranked Choice Voting Put to the Test in Maine
- Film: Hannah Arendt, Nove. 30 Blue Hill
- Fwd: Kathy Kelly on Yemen – Democracy Now! off-air interview Nov 14
- Fwd: Shetterly: Accountability, History, Identity
- Fwd: Reminder: Non-violence training in Damariscotta now Nov 10
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Art Exhibit "The Essence of Things" at RFS