From: Maine Equal Justice <firstname.lastname@example.org>Date: February 26, 2011 12:00:26 PM ESTTo: email@example.comSubject: March 7 – Rally to oppose cuts in safety net programsReply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
Oppose cuts to Maine’ssafety net programs!
Rally & Public HearingMonday, March 7, 2011State House-Augusta
Come to Augusta early – at least by 9:00 – to find a parking spot and have time to get into the State House. (Try the parking garage.)
Share this email with friends and bring them along. We need to be sure our voices are heard.
It’s time to show up! Let’s tell lawmakers thatpeople need to come before politics.Press conference & rally!9:30 a.m.2nd floor of the State House in the Hall of Flags
Public hearing – share your story with legislators!10:00 a.m. and beyondRoom 228 in the State House
Contact MEJP if you have a story to tell, a story we can share with legislators or if you want to find out other ways you can help. Toll-free 1-866-626-7059 (Crystal at extension 205 or Chris at Extension 204)
Go to MEJP’s website for analysis of selected items in the Governor’s proposed budget — TANF, General Assistance, MaineCare and more. www.mejp.org
MEJP’s Legislative Update will be posted soon!
Maine Equal Justice Partners, Inc. | 126 Sewall Street | Augusta | ME | 04330
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen Friday, October 16
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All