3 day occupation of Congress Square Park preceding city council vote on the proposal to sell the park. URGENT CALL TO ACTION, please share with all your networks in and around the Greater Portland area.September 4, Wednesday
General Assembly: 5pm
LAST PUBLIC MEETING TO COORDINATE OCCUPATION
We need to form working groups to help with camp specific things, like logistics, security, communications, food, medicine, etcSeptember 6, First Friday
Food Not Bombs: 5pm
Rally and attempted occupation: Specific time, to be decided, come enjoy a meal and be ready for anything, bring banners, signs, supplies, instruments, joyous spirits, your voicesSeptember 7, SaturdayMorning Camp Meeting: 10pmGeneral Assembly: 5pmSeptember 8, SundayMorning Camp Meeting: 10pmGeneral Assembly: 5pmSunday Night Smudge and Circle: SunsetSeptember 9, MondayMorning Camp Meeting: 10pmGeneral Assembly: 5pmMarch to City Hall: 6:30pmOpen time for workshops, performances, whatnot. Please contact us or come to the GA if you want to plan something. Or just organize autonomously! Please organize autonomously, do what you think will help, make this action your own.Occupy CONGRESS SQUARE!De-Gentrify Portland!
a list to facilitate to communications, collaborations and coordination between Occupy groups in Maine.
Send email announcement, news, calls to action, and more to this list.
If you want to send an email to the list send it email@example.com
If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, simply send mail to:
from the e-mail address that you wish to unsubscribe.
Conversely, you may subscribe by sending mail to:
If you need to contact the list managers for any reason, please send mail to:
Please be aware that many people through out Maine are on this list-so be conscious of how many emails you send out, be conscious of what you put in your emails, and when appropriate take specific discussion off-list or create a new list or discussion forum for those conversations. You can also reply directly to people when appropriate as opposed to replying to the whole list.
- Correction on the Hannaford donations to ACTT
- Plastics: In December, Bar Harbor Hannaford will help A Climate to Thrive
- Dec 12 forum on Plastics Pollution and Plastic Bag Ordinances, in Ellsworth
- MCCE Webinar on Maine’s Legislative Process
- Fwd: Ranked Choice Voting Put to the Test in Maine
- Film: Hannah Arendt, Nove. 30 Blue Hill
- Fwd: Kathy Kelly on Yemen – Democracy Now! off-air interview Nov 14
- Fwd: Shetterly: Accountability, History, Identity
- Fwd: Reminder: Non-violence training in Damariscotta now Nov 10
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Art Exhibit "The Essence of Things" at RFS
- Forum for Legislative Candidates In Ellsworth tonight, Monday, October 22
- Film: DO NOT RESIST, Friday Oct 26 Blue Hill
- Ranked Choice Voting Explained, Orland, Oct 24
- Resources for encouraging voting