contact: Carolyn Coe, of Peninsula Peace and Justice
Talk: Palestinian Struggle for Human Rights and Maine Campaign for Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions
BLUE HILL–Three Maine residents who traveled to Palestine/Israel in May, 2012, will talk about the Palestinian struggle for human rights and the call for a boycott of Israeli goods. The slideshow and talk will be at 7 p.m., on August 11, at the Blue Hill Public Library. Peninsula Peace and Justice is sponsoring the event.
The presenters, who were on separate trips to Palestine, are from Buxton and Orland, Maine. Dr. Robert Schaible is professor emeritus in arts and humanities at the University of Southern Maine. He is the chair of Maine Voices for Palestinian Rights and a board member of Art Exchange for JustPeace.
Sally Bowden-Schaible is founder and coordinator of LivingWell, a center for mind-body health, in Westbrook, Maine, and is a psychotherapist. She is an adjunct faculty member in the Counselor Education Department of the University of Southern Maine, a board member of the Chaplaincy Institute of Maine, and founder and board member of Art Exchange for JustPeace.
Carolyn Coe is an adjunct English instructor at Eastern Maine Community College. Like the Schaibles, she was on her second trip to the West Bank this spring. For more information on the talk, call 326-4405. All are welcome.
- Correction on the Hannaford donations to ACTT
- Plastics: In December, Bar Harbor Hannaford will help A Climate to Thrive
- Dec 12 forum on Plastics Pollution and Plastic Bag Ordinances, in Ellsworth
- MCCE Webinar on Maine’s Legislative Process
- Fwd: Ranked Choice Voting Put to the Test in Maine
- Film: Hannah Arendt, Nove. 30 Blue Hill
- Fwd: Kathy Kelly on Yemen – Democracy Now! off-air interview Nov 14
- Fwd: Shetterly: Accountability, History, Identity
- Fwd: Reminder: Non-violence training in Damariscotta now Nov 10
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Art Exhibit "The Essence of Things" at RFS
- Forum for Legislative Candidates In Ellsworth tonight, Monday, October 22
- Film: DO NOT RESIST, Friday Oct 26 Blue Hill
- Ranked Choice Voting Explained, Orland, Oct 24
- Resources for encouraging voting