contact: Carolyn Coe, of Peninsula Peace and Justice
Talk: Palestinian Struggle for Human Rights and Maine Campaign for Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions
BLUE HILL–Three Maine residents who traveled to Palestine/Israel in May, 2012, will talk about the Palestinian struggle for human rights and the call for a boycott of Israeli goods. The slideshow and talk will be at 7 p.m., on August 11, at the Blue Hill Public Library. Peninsula Peace and Justice is sponsoring the event.
The presenters, who were on separate trips to Palestine, are from Buxton and Orland, Maine. Dr. Robert Schaible is professor emeritus in arts and humanities at the University of Southern Maine. He is the chair of Maine Voices for Palestinian Rights and a board member of Art Exchange for JustPeace.
Sally Bowden-Schaible is founder and coordinator of LivingWell, a center for mind-body health, in Westbrook, Maine, and is a psychotherapist. She is an adjunct faculty member in the Counselor Education Department of the University of Southern Maine, a board member of the Chaplaincy Institute of Maine, and founder and board member of Art Exchange for JustPeace.
Carolyn Coe is an adjunct English instructor at Eastern Maine Community College. Like the Schaibles, she was on her second trip to the West Bank this spring. For more information on the talk, call 326-4405. All are welcome.
- Film: DO NOT RESIST Blue Hill October 26
- Act Now to Protect our Rights to Protest in D.C.
- Keep Space For Peace
- Upcoming LWV Candidate Forums
- Keep Space for Peace Blue Hill Vigil Friday 4:30
- Fwd: Sex Discrimination in Maine – Why We Need an ERA
- Militarizing Space is a Bad Idea
- Vigil: No Space Force! Blue Hill October 12
- Vigil Against Militarization of Space Blue Hill Oct 12
- Peninsula Peace & Justice October events
- Spring Trip to Cuba with Witness for Peace
- Fwd: [Peacectr_list] Popular Education Fuels Popular Resistance Workshop, October 13, Bangor
- A letter to Senator Collins – thank you – pass it on