contact: Carolyn Coe, of Peninsula Peace and Justice
Talk: Palestinian Struggle for Human Rights and Maine Campaign for Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions
BLUE HILL–Three Maine residents who traveled to Palestine/Israel in May, 2012, will talk about the Palestinian struggle for human rights and the call for a boycott of Israeli goods. The slideshow and talk will be at 7 p.m., on August 11, at the Blue Hill Public Library. Peninsula Peace and Justice is sponsoring the event.
The presenters, who were on separate trips to Palestine, are from Buxton and Orland, Maine. Dr. Robert Schaible is professor emeritus in arts and humanities at the University of Southern Maine. He is the chair of Maine Voices for Palestinian Rights and a board member of Art Exchange for JustPeace.
Sally Bowden-Schaible is founder and coordinator of LivingWell, a center for mind-body health, in Westbrook, Maine, and is a psychotherapist. She is an adjunct faculty member in the Counselor Education Department of the University of Southern Maine, a board member of the Chaplaincy Institute of Maine, and founder and board member of Art Exchange for JustPeace.
Carolyn Coe is an adjunct English instructor at Eastern Maine Community College. Like the Schaibles, she was on her second trip to the West Bank this spring. For more information on the talk, call 326-4405. All are welcome.
- Giant salmon farm in Belfast? Story heats up
- Video recording of Chris Hedges talk in Blue Hill
- Cecile Richards, August 21, Blue Hill, Standing Up, Speaking Out
- Fwd: , This World Humanitarian Day make your selfie count
- Chris Hedges to speak in Blue Hill, Saturday 7 p.m.
- Cecile Richards, Standing Up, Speaking Out, Blue Hill Aug. 21
- As Long As Assange Is Silenced, Claims Against Him Are Illegitimate
- Fwd: Do not believe reports of peaceful interception on Boats to Gaza
- Letter to Secty State Pompeo re Israeli hijacking of Freedom Flotilla
- Fwd: FFC Boat Hijacked!
- Sister Megan Rice in Bangor July 28
- Carolyn Coe Khan al-Ahmar update from Palestine
- Chris Hedges in Blue Hill, August 11
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes July
- Carolyn Coe July 14 report from Beit Ummar, Palestine