Palestinians’ nonviolent struggle for equal rights
BLUE HILL–On Saturday, November 20, Ridgely Fuller and Carolyn Coe will share photos and information about their experiences in Palestine earlier this year. In the West Bank, both Fuller and Coe participated in Palestinian-led nonviolent struggles for equal rights and freedom. They will describe what they and other international solidarity activists are doing to support these actions.
Fuller spent three months in the West Bank and East Jerusalem last winter and two weeks in Gaza in August. She worked with the International Solidarity Movement (ISM) in Sheik Jarrah (part of East Jerusalem), the Palestinian Solidarity Project in Beit Ommar, the Stop the Wall Campaign in Um Salamona, the International Women’s Peace Service and the Tent of Nations, south of Bethlehem. In Gaza Fuller led workshops to help build resiliency in children, working with the Gaza Mental Health Centre, El Qattan Centre for the Child, and a local initiative in Beit Hanoun.
Coe spent a month in the West Bank from May to early June, recording interviews and weekly demonstrations. She accompanied farmers to their fields and photographed demonstrations near Bethlehem. Saturday’s joint presentation will be at 6:30 p.m. at the Blue Hill Public Library and is sponsored by Peninsula Peace & Justice. All are welcome. For more information, call 326-4405.
- Whoever you are, wherever you are
- Peninsula Peace & Justice notes
- Petition: Convert Bath Iron Works to building for life
- Fwd: BIW Advent vigils
- Correction on the Hannaford donations to ACTT
- Plastics: In December, Bar Harbor Hannaford will help A Climate to Thrive
- Dec 12 forum on Plastics Pollution and Plastic Bag Ordinances, in Ellsworth
- MCCE Webinar on Maine’s Legislative Process
- Fwd: Ranked Choice Voting Put to the Test in Maine
- Film: Hannah Arendt, Nove. 30 Blue Hill
- Fwd: Kathy Kelly on Yemen – Democracy Now! off-air interview Nov 14
- Fwd: Shetterly: Accountability, History, Identity
- Fwd: Reminder: Non-violence training in Damariscotta now Nov 10
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Art Exhibit "The Essence of Things" at RFS